Summary: Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator serves as the hands-on systems administrator for managing an enterprise Microsoft Windows system infrastructure, and supporting systems implementation related to V3, VMware, SAN, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and GPO, Backup, Server and Application Monitoring Tools, Email Archival System, Kofax, and Disaster Recovery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and support Windows Server including software and hardware installation/configuration;
- Install, administer, configure, troubleshoot and support all Funds’ servers;
- Design, Implement and troubleshoot virtualization using VMware;
- Implement, support and maintain backups to disk and tape of servers, applications and databases;
- Implement hardware load balancing and Oracle and Microsoft clustering;
- Understand, maintain, and support database administration, security and storage including SAN;
- Maintain server environment stability through review of monitoring tools and application of patches after testing;
- Performdatabase administration tasks include configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management;
- Provide support after hours, on weekends and through on-call rotation;
- Participate in infrastructure design planning and implementation;
- Lead Infrastructure projects, and perform project management tasks as required;
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently;
- Document all routine tasks, incidents, change management scheduling and tracking, and database policies, standards;
- Partner with vendor operations groups in delivery IT services to the Funds;
- Cross-train and instruct other IT team members on specialized skills/training;
- Perform tasks as required by management/supervisory staff;
- Provide support after hours, on weekends and through on-call rotation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires 8 years of experience in information technology, with at least 5-8 years of experience in system administration of a MS Windows environment including, Windows server and application platform design, migration and deployments; Software and hardware installation/configuration; Exchange Server, Active Directory/GPO, WSUS, Backup, VMware installation, administration and support;Kofax, Server and Application Monitoring tools, Email archival system, and Oracle and MS SQL databases, required.
- Experience with Azure implementation required.
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, middleware, or storage tiers).
The following network design and administration related skills are not required, but are preferred:
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco products (Call Manager, UCCX, Unity, routers, Catalyst switches, ASA firewall, IP phones)
- Experience designing and administering LAN (including configuration of VLANs), WLAN (including configuration of ACLs) systems and WAN
- Experienced with network security including Cisco PIX / ASA, Proofpoint and Web sense
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP)
Job Type: Full-time
- IT: 6 years (Required)
- Azure: 1 year (Required)
- Active Directory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement