Boston’s public media station WGBH is looking for a talented creator to fuel video production for new pop-up unit within WGBH, the Emerging Platforms team. This producer/editor would be part of a two-person team creating native video content for emerging platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitch. The goal for this team is to learn from these new forays into experimental storytelling around WGBH’s core priorities (Journalism, Science, History, Education, Arts & Culture), using data to understand how audiences are finding, consuming, and responding to this new content.
This Producer will work closely with the team’s Senior Producer to pitch, develop, shoot, edit and distribute well-reported, platform-specific stories and series. Content ripe to be explored include linear video series, vertical sequences, streaming video and augmented reality lenses and filters. The Emerging Platforms team would be responsible for creating at least three original shows or series in Year 1, with opportunities to work with ongoing local and national productions in the future.
Candidates for the Producer/Editor must demonstrate excellence in video storytelling with strong composition, timing and presentation. Attention to detail and a mastery of spelling, punctuation, news writing and AP Style are required. The candidate must be able to integrate social content with television or linear broadcast content, and work closely and collaboratively with talent.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be excited to produce content for new formats, and what unique qualities you would bring to the table.
- An up-to-date resume.
- A list of URLs to a set of projects (or visuals and descriptions when URLs are not applicable), with your role on the project clearly stated.
- A masterful storyteller, creating engaging and compelling narratives in multiple formats
- Proven track record of producing and editing video content for emerging platforms
- Advanced editing and graphic design skills; proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator; experience with Facebook AR Studio or Snapchat Lens Studio a plus.
- Ability to find a story, pull out our unique angle, and communicate to audiences why it matters in an inspiring, educational and informative manner.
- Experience with vertical video production, with a sharp eye for what works and the ability to find innovative ways to push boundaries of the format
- Experience with live streaming production, such as Facebook Live and Periscope
- Deep knowledge of emerging social video platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitch.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt as markets and audience behaviors shift
- Ability to consistently produce results under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor, as well as an individual in a team environment
- 2+ years of hands-on video production and post-production, with an emphasis on social-first video
- Professional expertise creating and growing an audience around a social video series or Show
- Experience producing educational or youth-focused content a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to work various shifts and times, including evening and special events as needed
Bachelor's degree required.