The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the company's accounting department. This role manages all accounting functions, including month-end close, financial reporting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and audit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the monthly accounting close process, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial controls and ensure integrity of financial information and results through compliance with Company policies and procedures, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and fixed assets.
- Assist in the preparation of the presentation of monthly financial results and analysis provided to the executive management team.
- Resolve issues and provide direction to employees within the accounting department.
- Train and manage accounting staff to ensure accurate monthly close within specified deadlines.
- Assist the Controller with various financial projects.
- Develop effective working relationships by communicating and collaborating with other departments as necessary.
- Communicate issues in a timely, clear, and concise manner and articulate thoughts and ideas to support the management team in strategic and operational decision making.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in accordance with GAAP and the overall goals of the organization.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance by ensuring that processes and controls are adequately documented, maintained and followed.
- Assist with preparing and providing documentation in support of the internal and external audits.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and generate financial reports.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX.
- Ability to provide appropriate direction to other team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with others to effectively accomplish goals.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Highly motivated with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products, including intermediate Excel skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- 3 years of public accounting experience or 6 years of industry accounting experience required.
- CPA Preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts