Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customer partners around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
This position provides administrative and office support for the Materials Technologies Business President.
It is the responsibility of the Sr. Executive Assistant to conserve the Business President's time and promote the business unit image by representing the business president internally and externally; providing liaison between the business president, key executives, employees and others.
It will be necessary to independently make effective decisions and solve problems requiring a sense of urgency and at times with limited information. Individuals filling this role must present a high level of professionalism, be able to remain calm under pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities and must have the ability to work with a diverse population and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of contacts.
The ideal candidate is a high energy individual looking to have high impact supporting the business president by anticipating needs and proactively taking action. This individual must bring a forward thinking, long-term planning view to the work. This person should organize for today while looking and planning for the next several months. Prior successful incumbents have taken the lead on special projects, planning special events such as team off-site meetings and have taken a leadership role on behalf of the business on cross-business teams.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Organize workload to comply with deadlines and priorities
- Typically arranges business travel (by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the flights; booking other transportation; arranging lodging), coordinates calendars, appointments, meeting/event arrangements, and submits and tracks expenses
- Prepares routine correspondence, reports, forms/documents, department filings presentations, agendas, minutes, etc. May be required to prepare from rough draft or general verbal instructions. Must be able to prepare complex correspondence that requires high attention to detail
- Receives, screens and direct incoming calls, visitors, mail and email
- Maintains files, records, office supplies
- Respond to general inquiries concerning departmental activities
- Carry out special projects and assignments as requested (including visa applications, etc.) Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; adjusting plans
- Enhances business president's and corporation's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proficient with use of word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and data base software and presentation software (PowerPoint), SharePoint, e-mail (Outlook)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and can work with little direction
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and professional presence
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientated
- Ability to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities
- Meeting/event coordination skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, technical environment
- 7+ years of experience in administrative support role or similar role.
- Individuals who have obtained these skills/competencies in positions other than administrative support including teachers, supervisors/managers, project managers, human resources, etc. may also be successful.
- Prior experience working with SAP
- Bachelor’s degree
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.