DEPARTMENT: School Residential / Adult Residential
REPORTS TO: Residential Program Manager
The Residential Assistant is responsible for providing support to the individuals living in Linwood’s residences. The Residential Assistant assists in the implementation of the residential portion of each resident’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individualized Residential Treatment Plan (IRTP) and Behavior Plan (BP). This support includes facilitating the resident’s achievement of personalized goals that are tailored to his/her needs and ability. The Residential Assistant will work cooperatively with other assistants in the home, the Residential Team Leader, Program Managers, and other staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in the development of the IEP, IRTP and Behavior Plans for each of the individuals in the house and implementing and documenting the portion of the plan(s) related to the individual in the residential program.
- Providing guidance to the individuals in the house to ensure the following:
o That the house, the appliances, the vehicles and the equipment are safe, operational and in good working order.
o That the individuals are engaged in meaningful activities that address the outcomes in their IPs.
o That the fundamental rights of each resident in the house are protected.
- Overseeing and assisting the individuals in the house with menus, food preparation, housekeeping, personal care, laundry and other activities of daily living.
- Planning and coordinating appropriate leisure, social and daily living activities in the residence and in the community. This includes transporting the individuals to and from their destinations. These activities also include shopping trips and medical, dental and mental health appointments.
- During medical, dental and mental health appointments, the Residential Assistant is an agent of Linwood and will exchange appropriate and accurate information with the healthcare professional and interact with the pharmacist to obtain medications. The Residential Assistant shall be trained by the nursing staff commissioned by Linwood and will carry out duties as a Certified Medication Technician delegated by the nurses as prescribed by the Board of Nursing.
- Assuming responsibility for the individuals in the house during the day when they are unable to attend the day program (e.g. for illness, inclement weather, closings, etc.). The supervisor will make every effort to arrange coverage, however, the final responsibility rests on the residential staff.
- Meeting deadlines and completing all necessary paperwork, in conjunction with the House Manager. This includes quarterly reports, monthly reports, fire drill records, attendance records, weight charts, house receipts, daily log book, etc.
- When directed by the Program Manager or House Manager, the Residential Assistant will be required to attend and participate in clinical meetings and medication reviews.
- Accounting for money that belongs to the individuals per Linwood’s policy and procedure regarding the Protection of Finances and Personal Property.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 21 years old. AA Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working with individuals that have intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of fundamental rights and self-determination and assure that the individuals in the house are afforded these rights.
- Must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, patience and compassion.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with Linwood staff, parents, employers and other professionals.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check and have a clean driving record.
Weekend Shifts available for Adult Residential:
Sat/Sun 8:00 a.m. -11:00 p.m.
Weekend live-in – Fri-3:00 p.m. -11:00 p.m.
Sat/Sat 8:00 a.m -11:00 p.m. & Monday Morning - 6:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m.
Fri-Sun – 11:00 p.m.- 8:00 a.m.
Weekend Shifts available for Children Residential
Sat & Sun 4:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m.
Sat & Sun – 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please apply on the company's website at: www.linwoodcenter.com
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 - $15.00 per hour
- working with people that have autism: 2 years (Required)
- working with people with intellectual disabilty: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative