Leads team members to identify, manage and execute the plants process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
Skills & Experience
- Provide training and leadership to ensure that employees are performing assigned work properly.
- Coordinate scheduling of personnel via the Human Resources office to provide adequate staffing for production requirements.
- Control line flows and blend rates as necessary and directed.
- Monitor assigned production charts and processing equipment and authorize adjustments as needed.
- Assist with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary.
- Enforce rules, regulation, and procedures.
- Monitor production to ensure that safety, quality, and cost standards are maintained.
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
- Responsible for several shift reports and employee time records.
- Bachelors degree in agriculture, business administration, engineering, food science, microbiology or related equivalent experience.
- One to two years production processing or supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills, to include Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a food processing environment is highly desired.
- Ability to work all days of the week, including weekends, and shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.