Working at Macro Solutions, a leading provider of IT and management consulting services, is an opportunity to collaborate with great people who have a passion for the services they provide to our clients. We are currently looking for a seasoned Senior Java Developer to join our team in Fort Knox, KY.
The Senior Java Developer will be part of the Keystone team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command, tasked with enhancing/upgrading legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise environment. This role is responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the REQUEST and RETAIN systems.
- Work with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrate web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
Education + Experience
- 6+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; 4 additional years’ related experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Possess a SECRET clearance. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
Desired Education + Experience
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8
Macro Solutions is a woman-owned IT and management consulting firm that helps government organizations select, implement, integrate and maintain critical business solutions. A relationship company at our core, we pride ourselves on building high-touch, high-trust environments for our clients and partners, at every level of our business. Assessed at CMMI Maturity Level 3 for both Development and Services and ISO 9001:2015 certification, Macro delivers honest, powerful results from the inside, outward.
Deeply invested in advancing long lasting employee relationships, our distinctive Consultant Care program ensures that our employees are always a priority at every level of the organization and has been integral to our 94% employee retention rate.
Along with a supportive environment and culture that thrives on dreaming big, getting things done and having fun together, Macro Solutions offers employees a full suite of competitive benefits, including health, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.
If you would like to learn more about Macro, are interested in joining our team, or would like to learn more about our Consultant Care program visit our website.
Macro Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.