Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $40 – $50/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
Our client is seeking a Social Video Editor to support their global social video efforts, with a special focus on vertical video formats such as TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
The Social Video Editor will work under the direction of their Sr. Manager, Social Video Lead to edit short form content from a variety of sources including seller creators, content creators, influencers, and UGC content that will help to define our client’s social voice across multiple channels and markets.
40 hours per week
12 month contract, with potential to extend
The Social Video Editor will be responsible for:
Working with channel owners (Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, international teams) to edit social video content for distribution
- Edit multiple video formats including scripted and unscripted content from raw footage to final product in a way that is native to the intended platform
- Manage multiple projects on tight and shifting deadlines, as well as multiple feedback rounds with notes from social channel owners and outside teams
- Keeping up with latest platform video and cultural trends to ensure shows up authentically to each platform, including optimizing content for different platforms
- Maintaining the integrity of the brand, ensuring that their content is uplifting and inspiring to sellers and buyers alike, amplifying our client’s mission of keeping commerce human
The Social Video Editor will demonstrate:
2+ years of experience editing social media videos for a large brand or publisher
- An innate knowledge of the ways in which social video content comes to life and how it is different from traditional video formats
- Deep knowledge of the social video landscape and social trends, possess a keen awareness of the difference between successful consumer and brand content
- Passion about supporting small businesses, creativity and craftsmanship and care deeply about building the brand for key audiences
- Understanding of in-platform editing and creation tools on social platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
To be successful in this role, the Social Video Editor, will:
Work closely and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across the organization, both inside and outside of the social media team.
- Able to balance multiple projects and priorities, while acting nimbly to support emerging trends and opportunities
- Work with Sr. Manager, Social Video Lead, to help scale video production across our client’s social media team
Braintrust Job ID: 6250
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Flexible work from home options available.