Description: Capital Women’s Care, is seeking a reliable, Senior Accountant to join our team.
Location(s): Fulton, MD
Job Type: Full-time
Capital Women's Care provides total women's healthcare at the highest medical and ethical standards. This is a great opportunity to join one of the best OB/GYN Physician practice Groups in the area and a dynamic team. We are seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, skilled, and engaging professional to fill Senior Accountant position in our corporate office.
Schedule: Full Time, Mon- Fri
Pay & Benefits: Commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k), and more.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced health care professional wanting to join a dynamic team. As the largest OB/GYN group in the Mid Atlantic area, Capital Women's Care is a 200+ group of OB/GYN's located throughout Greater Washington, DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. The providers of Capital Women's Care seek the highest quality medical and ethical standard in an environment that nurtures the spirit of caring for every woman. We are the largest and most successful private OB/GYN practice in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our premier group consists of more than 200 physicians and over 1,000 employees.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting Director of Finance with accounting functions including reporting of the Care Centers financial operations. Interaction with Physicians and/or Physician Practice Administrators will be ongoing and significant. This position requires effective interactions with other member of their local team as well as with other Unified Corporate accounting and finance areas, including Accounts Payable, Tax, Treasury and Financial Planning and Analysis.
Candidate’s Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or parts passed preferred.
- Five plus years' experience, preferably a combination of Public and Private accounting.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in integration of acquisitions to existing businesses desired
- Experience in system integration / upgrades preferred
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft products (including mid-range Excel knowledge). Familiarity with mid-sized ERP (e.g. NetSuite) preferred.
- Experience overseeing the work of accounting department team members is preferred.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience in providing client-focused service in a collaborative relationship building style.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Well organized, detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification requirements will not be considered for the position.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial statements, and comparative reports, account reconciliations, cost reports.
- Maintains and reviews cost center and appropriation accounts, including trial balances, to verify accuracy with coding, classifying, and posting.
- Prepares reports of budget expenditures, revenues and account or fund balances.
- Review and record monthly journal entries.
- Ensure that all financial and accounting operations within the accounting department run smoothly.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Maintain fixed assets.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants who do not have a documented work history, with a history of the summary of responsibilities, will not be considered for the position.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Judgment: Ability to make decisions based on objective analysis of facts.
- Cooperation: Effectively works with others and cooperates to ensure individual and team success.
- Initiative: self-motivated, enterprising, pro-active.
- Creativity: originality and resourcefulness in adapting and revising processes and procedures to resolve issues.
- Positive Attitude: displays interest in and enthusiasm for his/her position and the company.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Equal Opportunity Employment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,049.32 - $112,149.80 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fulton, MD 20759: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person