Principal Objective of Position:
The Construction Project Engineer will be tasked with assisting the Project Manager and Superintends in managing the construction schedule, purchasing, change order reviews, construction documents and drawings, construction logs, overseeing multiple trades and performing coordination activities as necessary to help maintain an efficient construction timeline.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist in the bidding and buyout of each specific trade and other preconstruction efforts.
- Attend or lead pre-construction, progress, and other project and staff meetings.
- Ensure all projects are performed in accordance with the contract documents and subcontractor agreements.
- Establish a schedule of values for each subcontractor.
- Responsible to review, process, track, and maintain construction logs for RFIs and Submittals.
- Review and distribute Architectural Supplemental Information (ASIs) & Proposal Requests (PRs) to subcontractor and vendors. Forecast exposures directly related to ASIs and PRs. Review subcontractor proposals.
- Participate in Owner, Architect, and Contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Update potential change order logs. Own and manage project related expenses.
- Issue change orders to subcontractors and owner representatives.
- Assisting the project manager with updating and revising the project schedule.
- Create and issue weekly project progress reports.
- Maintain the physical and electronic set of drawings.
- Review of subcontractor pay applications with management, field team, and accounting.
- Manage the close out of subcontractor’s contracts and the individual project’s completion
- Assist in managing daily work activities and take necessary action to assure that the project objectives for cleanliness, safety, budget, schedule, quality, and process are met.
- Relaying information to and from the subcontractors and vendors to management.
- Provide procedural assistance to sub-contractors when necessary in order for them to complete jobs on time and in compliance with quality and workmanship standards.
- Participate in the owner’s monthly onsite coordination meetings.
- Coordinate with the Development Team on building permits, owner requests, design errors/omissions, and other project related items.
- Coordinate with the owner’s Property Management team and interior design team.
- Coordinate with the developer’s design team architect and engineers.
- Promote and maintain a culture that values professionalism, honesty, safety, and cleanliness.
- Participate in training and other forms of continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field.
- 3-5 Year work related experience.
- Experience with scheduling software and project management software.
- Experience managing and working alongside others.
- Understanding of means and methods of construction.
- Ability to work under tight time and pressure demands.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong pro-active problem solving and conflict resolution skill sets.
- Ability to foster and maintain a team environment where all members are working toward a common end goal.
- Directly assist in the successful execution of other team member’s roles and responsibilities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- OSHA Training strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with BlueBeam/Adobe Acrobat
- Previous experience with ASTA scheduling software
- Previous experience with Sage project management software.
- Able to work and function out of a field office setting and on the job site.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use close and distance vision.
- Must be able to use a computer and manipulate a keyboard.