Job Title Chief of Staff, Advancement Operations
Position Number 8102549
Job Category University Staff
Job Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Campus Chicago-Water Tower Campus
Department Name PRINCIPAL & MAJOR GIFTS
Location Code MAJOR GIFTS (03634A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief of Staff, Advancement Operations, will be a trusted advisor and confidant to the Vice President (VP) of Advancement and Senior Leadership Team. The Chief of Staff will help VP direct and manage day-to-day administrative, operational, human resources, training and financial initiatives and programs within the department.
- Manage daily internal business operations of Advancement department.
- Plan, manage and execute high impact projects and initiatives that support the strategic goals of the department and University, including but not limited to a division wide retention strategy.
- Review, design and implement high quality improvements to department policies, procedures and processes to ensure consistency and promote efficiency and productivity. Proactively contribute ideas and suggestions on how to improve department operations.
- Partner with HR regarding performance management process for all department employees.
- Act as main point of contact with HR regarding staffing, hiring, recruiting and onboarding new employees.
- Plan, schedule and manage all logistics for staff meetings, staff retreats and other department meetings and events.
- Develop and execute standard training strategy for Advancement team.
- Work with department AVPs regarding annual planning and budget process.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, handling inquiries, developing action plans, preparing and disseminating a broad range of communications within the department, per the direction of the Advancement Leadership Team Members.
- Help determine technology needs (i.e., equipment, laptops, printers, etc.), space planning and facilities requirements for department.
- Accurately represent VP’s position when serving as a delegate in key meetings with internal and external constituencies.
- Supervisory management responsibilities may include directly supervising VP’s Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Commitment to advancing and promoting team and goal oriented culture.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in Human Resources, Finance, Operations Management or a related field.
Demonstration of 3-5 years of tenure and longevity at previous employers is required, a history of promotions within organizations is preferred. Individuals with a track record of two years or less in previous roles will not be considered.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment, taking ownership and initiative with minimal direction.
- Excellent, leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to articulate progress, concerns and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Commitment to Loyola’s social justice mission. Demonstrates an understanding that their work will make a lasting difference and help the University build a better tomorrow.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project management processes including planning tasks, time management, reporting, documentation and project execution.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; commitment to completing tasks on time and to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Team and goal oriented. Would describe themselves as a Culture Champion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with budgets and basic financial budget concepts.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, handle multiple priorities, tasks, and time sensitive situations.
- Business acumen with the ability to prioritize work actions and follow-up with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to interact comfortably with senior executives and develop collaborative relationships throughout the University.
Preferred skills include:
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced proficiency is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities Yes
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No
Physical Demands Repetitive Motions
Working Conditions Irregular Hours
Open Date 07/20/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/16677