Lab Technician Cushing, OK
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Lab Analyst or Chemist for one of our top clients in Cushing, OK. This is Monday- Friday role on1st Shift.
Ideal candidates will have experience with ASTM regulated testing on petroleum related products.
As a Laboratory Chemist placed with Kelly Services, you will perform duties to support analytical testing for the company and its clients and to maintain associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
1. Receives, examines and records through a login process, inbound samples for testing.
2. Delivers test samples to the sample staging area.
3. Monitors the availability of supplies needed for testing processes, and makes any needs for such supplies known to the Laboratory Manager.
4. After showing and documenting proficiency for the task, performs testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology. Reviews results against specifications and known expectations. May be delegated to issue analyzes to clients.
5. Prepares samples and quality control specimens, prepares and standardizes reagents and solutions, and calibrates equipment needed for the testing processes.
6. Verifies and communicates results obtained, and makes appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, required, assuring the validity and traceability of the information.
7. Maintains documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
8. With sufficient proficiency shown and documented, is able to assists in the training of less experienced employees.
9. Carries out all of the above responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Laboratory Analyst - Technicians are required to have High school education or equivalent with an advantage of having petroleum testing experience or formal chemistry education. Two years relevant experience is required for technicians to perform U.S. Customs related testing
Laboratory Analyst - Chemist will at minimum have a chemistry related Bachelor’s degree.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.