Software Engineer - Parsers
Who are you?
You are a creative thinker with an eye to detail. You have worked as part of an ETL team in the past. You are interested in turning log data into parsed, actionable information in support of network security intelligence. You want to learn more about network security.
- Lead/Contribute towards the design, planning, development, and deployment of the Sumo Security Event Analytics platform parsing engine.
- Make implementation tradeoffs to meet project specifications while adhering to the project milestones and timeline objectives.
- Advocate and champion security best practices in a cross-functional team.
- Log data analysis.
- Sumo Logic parser development including parser tests.
- Development of the tool scripts needed to assist parser development and testing
- Working closely with PS and CSIEM development teams to deliver proper parser coverage.
- BS in Computer Sciences or related discipline.
- Log analysis and security operations experience.
- Solid knowledge of scripting (Python preferred) and Regular Expressions (RegEx).
- Strong respect for customer data privacy and integrity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Sumo Logic and/or Splunk experience is a plus.
- System administration and/or network engineering is a plus.
- AWS experience is a plus.
https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier ( https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier )
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.