We are currently seeking candidates for the position of HR Assistant. The HR Assistant coordinates HR related assignments for FirstLight HomeCare. This position will also assist in carrying out various HR programs and procedures in accordance with current federal and state standards, guidelines and regulations and as directed by Management.
- Support Human Resource functions, including pre-employment screenings, generating offer letters, onboarding, training and new hire orientation.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of new employee’s info into system as well as continuing personnel profile maintenance.
- Provide recruitment efforts for all personnel; places advertisements
- Provide guidance to agencies on HR related matters; disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Manage leave of absences, including proper verbal and written communications, leave tracking, workplace accommodations, and return to work arrangements.
- Process unemployment insurance claims and assists with hearing notifications. Assist agencies with their unemployment claims and questions when needed.
- Assists with other functions in other departments in the office such as answering phones and scheduling.
- Alternating weekends and on-call rotation required.
This position is in our Oviedo office and requires your residence to be in close proximity to our office (travel time less than 20 minutes).
- One (1) to two (2) years Human Resources experience in health care or home care
- Minimum education required - High School Degree or GED
FirstLight HomeCare is an EOE M/V/F/D
Job Type: Full-time
- health care or home care: 1 year
- Human Resources: 1 year
Required work authorization: