In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic's business has scaled significantly. We have also enjoyed consistent growth in our recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,600+ customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semistructured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will be responsible for working with and guiding Sumo Logic's largest and most strategic customers toward successful adoption of the service. You will partner very closely with our senior Customer Account Managers to develop deep customer relationships with a small set of large, strategic accounts. You will be the main point of contact for all technical questions and assistance for these customers and represent their needs back to customer support, product management, engineering, and sales. And, you will work with the rest of the Customer Success team to build out and cultivate a customer community to enhance the experience of our customers.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality. You must have a proven track record of creating and maintaining deep, lasting relationships with customers. You're going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you're also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with. This is an ideal role for technical, experienced sales engineers looking to get away from full-time travel requirements or experienced Professional Services consultants looking for a chance to focus on a set of strategic accounts they can help to grow.
- Engage customers during their post-sales onboarding process
- Help advise customers on successful implementation of use cases
- Share best-practices and other tools and resources to help customers successfully adopt the Sumo Logic service
- Help further adoption of the Sumo Logic service by discovering and implementing new use cases and data sources
- Proactively manage issues at customers based on KPIs and SLAs
- Stay actively engaged on assigned customers to ensure great customer health
- Participate in customer community forums
- Partner with senior Sumo Logic Customer Account Managers to ensure customers are renewing and expanding their accounts
- Represent customer needs internally with our product management and engineering teams
- A track record of having a bias for action to make things happen and drive results
- Experience with public cloud services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Ability to write scripts, regular expressions, SQL queries, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with a variety of enterprise software infrastructure (operating systems, virtualization, database, network, security) products in production environments
- Five years or more experience working as a professional services consultant, customer success engineer, technical account manager, Solutions Architect or sales engineer
- Customer relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel occasionally to customer sites
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- A demonstrated passion for making customers wildly successful
- Experience with enterprise log management/metrics/SIEM products
- Experience with cloud-based technologies
- BS/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or Engineering