What you will do
Under general direction, manages an HVAC truck-based service business, grows the labor and material business, and delivers customer satisfaction plans, including revenue, gross margin and service asset management. Deploys and maintains standardized tools, systems and support for the assigned Service Teams. Manages the resources to maximize customer satisfaction and improve productivity and profitability. Effectively recruits, develops and retains employees. Ensures overall operational excellence and service growth. The Branch Service Manager will manage his/her own Service team, as well as manage first-line Service Managers responsible for subsets of the overall Service business.
How you will do it
- Leads the execution efforts of the Service truck based business. Ensures consistency of delivery systems across the territory. Manages the branch service truck based execution business and financial plans. This Service truck based business includes managing a team of Service Managers whose teams are responsible for assigned customers/geographies within the market.
- In addition to leading own team, will manage Truck-Based Service Managers who are responsible for
- Drives profitable growth through effective management of assigned assets (people, financial and material). Manages assigned assets in a manner that meets or exceeds profitability goals.
- With the Area Services Manager, develops strategic operating plans for the assigned Service Business that aligns with SSA goals and visions. This includes participating on strategic Account Plans, annual financial and operating plans, revenue and margin forecasts.
- Leads efforts to identify, secure and retain service customers by actively networking with community business, governmental and professional leadership; establishing relationships that enhance the local reputation of Johnson Controls and the branch, ensuring referrals and proposal requests.
- Builds an environment that energizes team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed service and exceed performance targets.
- Recommends and supports staffing requirements for the assigned Service business. Serves as a communication channel to share the best practice strategies and results that will enable growth.
- Audits the effectiveness of service operations and makes changes to improve performance. Ensures that contractual obligations are completed and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Drives operational review meetings, reviewing proposals and estimates for accuracy.
- Coaches Service Managers on appropriate levels of operating and overhead expenses incurred in service operations. Leverages service operations activities and functions across assigned territories. Ensures that tools and processes are executed according to established standards to achieve customer satisfaction at the most effective cost.
- Together with the Sales, manages the appropriate assignment of customer accounts between service operations and the salesforce.
- Analyzes operations processes and provide recommendations for improvements. Analyzes service operations to identify potential customers/markets. Implements required changes on pricing and gross margins.
- Executes other managerial responsibilities, i.e., hiring, performance reviews and acquisitions consistent with established business strategy. Recruits, hires, and retains Service support operational staff. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports teaming with the appropriate matrix functional manager. Ensures a consistent level of coaching, which includes: monthly ‘one-on-one(s)’, operational and financial reviews.
- Manages technical support services for UPG customers including distributors, branches, deals, and end use consumers. Understands and resolves any field issues associated with assigned project. Trains and certifies technicians. Manages call center inquiries. Establishes and implements protocols for technical support. University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 8 Years suggested minimum experience.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous second-line manager experience, managing truck-based Service Managers, is required. Eight to ten or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Service Industry including five or more years of direct management experience. Previous sales and/or Account Management experience desired as well as industry networking.
- Previous experience managing HVAC Service teams, with Service P&L responsibility, is highly preferred.
- High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences. Able to lead and direct diverse teams. Able to travel up to 50% of time in the local area.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job Field Operations
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions