GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always.
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Performs angiographic and interventional as well as general radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures on all types of patients in an efficient and caring manner in order to provide data for the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical conditions. Evaluates exams for diagnostic quality while using professional judgment in the performance of services.
1. Effectively and safely operates all imaging and related medical (patient monitoring & support) equipment to complete a variety of invasive and other special procedures.
2. Produces acceptable images by selecting appropriate exposure factors, time sequences and patient positioning.
3. Fulfills duties of “scrub assistant” to assist physician during procedures, following proper sterile technique, catheter & guidewire manipulation, etc.
4. Follows all radiation protection and radiation safety policies.
5. Prepares, assists, and administers (as appropriate) contrast media under the direction of a physician. Properly loads and operates automatic injector.
6. Effectively uses computer systems (such as HIS, RIS, PACS) to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information.
7. Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
8. Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
9. Participates in clinical training of radiology students by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation as required.
10. Assumes “call status” as necessary during off hours for emergency procedures.
11. Assumes role of radiographer as needed.
12. Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
13. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (or equivalent) in the appropriate specialty (radiography) and licensed by the State of Ohio in Radiology.
2. Possess a minimum of 2 years experience as a radiographer.
3. Competence in all diagnostic radiographic and special procedures.
4. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution skills.
5. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to read, write, and utilize manual and computerized systems of documentation.
7. Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
8. Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of computer software related to electronic imaging and clinical information management.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.