Job Description *
The candidate will successfully implement all Nadcap checklists requirements for special processes utilized here at LPC. He/she will act as the Campus’ Level 3 Examiner in accordance with NAS 410 for NDT qualification and certification of nondestructive testing personnel. The individual will have technical knowledge of interpreting customer specifications as well as planning, organizing, executing, coordinating, and tracking progress of multiple assignments. This role requires the Level 3 to act as a liaison between individuals or business units within or outside the organization, with the responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to their field.
This individual shall report to the Responsible Level 3 and will assist with fulfilling the needs of the NDT Engineering Department.
1. Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs engineering projects or programs inside and outside the company, including, but not limited to, concurrent engineering.
2. Works closely with customers, sales, planning and manufacturing to provide coordination on new product introduction and to support specific existing products.
3. Plans, coordinates, and monitors own workload balance to meet completion date deadlines.
4. Provides performance/inspection appraisals of the inspection method for which certified.
5. Supervision, coordination, and directions relate largely to overall objectives of the project or programs, meeting schedules, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Consults with other technical personnel concerning direction, unusual problems, and developments.
6. The implementation of NAS 410 and administration of the qualification and certification requirements for nondestructive testing personnel. This requires thorough knowledge of the written instructions, codes, specifications, and standards imposed by PCC’s customers with an understanding o the materials, components, product technologies, methods, techniques utilized by PCC.
7. Managing audits of inspection areas to ensure evaluations are within compliance of NDT processes.
8. Develop, recommend, and conduct inspection training programs, methods, and sampling techniques that will assure economically effective product appraisal to customer specification.
9. Ensure the NDT facility is properly performing all NDT methods to all applicable customer, government, and industry specifications including AC7114, NAS 410, and QCM 9.1.1.
10. Provide research, guidance, and facilitation between Engineering, Quality, Sales, and Manufacturing of the analysis and response to NDT inspection related customer complaints and returned product determining where the emphasis should be placed to prevent reoccurrence.
11. Be the final authority for, and shall arbitrate disputes concerning, the interpretation of NDT related specification requirements and/or the acceptability of nondestructive test results.
12. Identify, research, and develop new NDT processes and procedures that promote improved inspection effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
13. Review (approve/reject) documentation substantiating equivalent training and equivalent experience.
14. Approval of NDT method procedures.
15. Perform outgoing quality audits for conventional radiographic inspection, computed radiographic inspection, and fluorescent penetrant inspection.
16. Investigate customer concerns and provide a written report to the Quality Engineering group.
17. Perform annual eye exams.
18. Perform Examiner duties in the inspection method.
19. Perform annual or semi-annual process audits for FPI, x-ray and digital x-ray, visual, dimensional.
20. Assist with preparation of NADCAP audit and actual audit.
21. Perform stamp audits, when required.
22. Must interface with customers in a professional manner.
23. Identify potential areas of cost reductions.
24. Perform root cause and corrective actions on breakdowns in process requirements, when required.
1. Pass a visual acuity test as required by NAS 410.
2. Must be certified in at least 2 NDT disciplines (film radiography, non-film radiography, FPI, Visual Inspection, and Dimensional Inspection) with at least one being in Radiography.
3. Must have taken and passed 8 hours of auditor training and perform 2 practice audits with a certified auditor/trainer.
4. Must have at least 6-7 years of actual inspection time with very few escapes or quality issues.
5. Considerable knowledge and familiarity with NDT principles as well as a working knowledge of NDT methods other than those not currently used at the facility.
6. Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to apply and adapt a wide variety of technical procedures under general direction and to complete work independently.
8. Ability to develop NDT technical work instructions.
9. Ability to plan, schedule, evaluate and coordinate a wide variety of major projects.
10. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
11. Must be able to travel for customer exams, training seminars, or to address customer concerns (up to 15 percent of the time).
12. Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint computer programs.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of th Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assisstance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated wit the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). IF you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.