VP, Director of User Experience Design- Digitas Health, Philadelphia(Job Number: DHC001409)
Primary Location-United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
About Digitas Health
Digitas Health is the Agency of Now:
the first global connected-health agency, purpose-built for marketing today. Digitas Health specializes in helping health brands navigate a complex and shifting media environment to create deeper, more relevant connections with their consumer and professional customers.
With offices in Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, and London, it is a member of the world’s largest healthcare communications network, Publicis Health. As a member of this elite network, Digitas Health is also a member of the Paris-based Publicis Groupe S.A. (Euronext Paris: FR0000130577), the world’s third-largest communications group, second-largest media counsel and buying group, and a leader in digital communications.
www.digitashealth.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/digitashealth | Twitter: www.twitter.com/digitas_health
We’re searching for a Vice President, Director of User Experience Design. The VP/D of UX Design will be responsible for leading a team of UX designers across projects and client accounts. This individual will help ensure that the entire team is grounded in a deep understanding of client and user needs, collaborate with other capability leads to design and document an experience strategy, and advocate for the user throughout the design and development cycle. The VP/D UX Design will help lead and direct user research, analysis, project planning, and design, and will oversee and mentor mid-level and junior-level UX Designers.
The ideal candidate will be resourceful and flexible, with exceptional teamwork skills, and is able to work in a fast-paced, high productivity environment under tight deadlines. Someone who can meet the challenges of working in pharma head-on, and take to heart our mantra of “helping, not selling.”
- Strong desire to create truly exceptional experiences in the digital space and beyond
- Great communication skills – able to present work and findings to internal stakeholders, clients, and vendors
- Perpetually driven to sharpen and broaden skills, aiming always for greatness
- Ability and passion to solve problems collaboratively with a small team, but also able to execute independently and make strong recommendations
- Discerning attention to detail with excellent critical thinking, logic and analytical skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and manage ambiguity and an ever-changing landscape
- Balances and appreciates both the qualitative and quantitative sides of user experience
- Ability to see other points of view and diplomatically hash out the pros and cons of any particular approach
- Form a clear and insightful understanding of our clients’ business, their needs, and the creative opportunities and challenges that exist in their categories
- Create an environment that fosters high quality creative output, and team collaboration
- Facilitate strategy and ideation sessions to bring together the perspectives of all practice groups while keeping the needs of the customer at the center
- High level sketching and collaborative concepting
- Work cross functionally to help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize feature sets
- Create user journeys, scenarios, personas, etc.
- Oversee and develop information architecture deliverables (site maps, taxonomies, flow diagrams)
- Oversee and create wireframes, design mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Design and validate user interfaces and experiences for multiple platforms across websites, apps, voice-first experiences, social media, AR/VR, and more
- Facilitate usability studies, field studies and contextual inquiry, expert evaluations, brainstorming sessions, and other UX methodologies
- 6-10 years experience in UX, with experience managing mid-level and junior team members
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and research methods
- Excellent knowledge of usability, accessibility and industry standards
- Solid communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas both internally and directly to executive level client stakeholders
- Expertise in using software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Justinmind, Axure, OmniGraffle, or other tools to create UX artifacts
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
- Some agency experience desired
- Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Working understanding of interactive front-end technologies, responsive web design, and browser/platform constraints
Not all applicants will be contacted. Publicis Health is an equal opportunity employer. No vendor/agency solicitation please.