Early Childhood Special Education Teacher for the 2018-19 school year.
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: Must hold proper certification according to the
state of Missouri.
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or other Supervisor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: New teachers 193 days; returning teachers 188 days with benefits provided according to the Park Hill School District and Park Hill National Education Association Agreement.
JOB GOAL: To assist students in learning the appropriate subject
matter, skills and/or attitudes that will contribute to their development as responsible citizens.
1. Participates in curriculum review and design.
2. Employs a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
3. Diagnoses and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
4. Monitors student progress and adjusts instruction accordingly.
5. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
6. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
7. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
8. Refers student for alternative services as provided by the Park Hill School District (ESL, Reading, Special Reading).
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Abides by Missouri statutes, school board policies and regulations.
2. Attends meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
3. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
4. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation