LITE) is a global leader in innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities.
Senior Electrical Engineer for Development and Research activities in the Commercial Lasers Group. Activities include hardware design activities within the EE/SW group and, in addition to design, planning, spec development, testing and test plan development, product documentation, and operations support. The successful candidate will need to be able to contribute in cross functional technical and program meetings.
This position requires familiarity with both analog and digital circuits. Experience with programmable logic (VHDL or Verilog) and high-speed interface, and/or RF/microwave design preferred. Familiarity with laser or optical system design is desired. Product designs will include embedded microprocessors, interface and analog circuits, small signal RF design, programmable logic, high current drivers, temperature control servos and more. Both PCB level and chassis level design is involved. Expertise in all areas is not required, but familiarity is essential. Familiarity with SPC and/or JMP is a plus.
Understanding of the function of document control systems, BOMs, RoHS, EMC, and general computer skills are required. Familiarity with electronics manufacturing and component manufacturers is expected. Flexibility and the ability to interactively work with other disciplines (software, mechanical, and optical engineering) is required. Customer interaction is expected, though minimal travel is required. Good communications skills are required. Up to 5% travel possible, domestic and/or international.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively develop design specifications
- Coordinate project activities with EE/SW group
- Specify components used in new designs
- PCB and chassis level electrical design
- Prototype materials procurement
- Prototype debugging
- Alpha & beta build supervision
- Project planning & tracking
- Qualification test creation and execution
- Design documentation
- Manufacturing support including transfer to offshore contract manufacturer
- Assist and support Marketing/Sales
- Departmental infrastructure support
- BSEE or MSEE degree
- 5+ years industry experience
- Understanding of both digital and analog circuits required
- Excellent teamwork and documentation skills required
- Knowledge of industry best practices desired
- Experience with programmable logic desired
- Experience in analog circuit design desired
- Broad technical skills/interests desired
The Commercial Lasers Business Unit offers OEM customers the widest variety of laser modules, engines, and components for macromaterials processing, micromachining, biotechnology, analytics instrumentation, and more. The Commercial Laser Business Unit is profitable and growing, it’s highly regarded technical engineering team is based primarily in San Jose, CA and Zurich with manufacturing in Thailand. The company is well-positioned for continued success in the rapidly growing markets it serves.
Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability
San Jose-Auto, CA USA 1750 Automation Parkway San Jose 95131
Jul 13, 2018, 10:39:16 PM