Under general supervision, sells tickets to general admission events at the Anaheim Convention Center the day of the event or works in the office answering phones, selling advance tickets and general event preparation work.
The Anaheim Convention Center operates under one of the City of Anaheim's' fourteen individual departments (Convention Sports and Entertainment Department) and has successfully kept pace with the phenomenal growth of the industry maintaining its position as the largest and most successful Convention Center on the West Coast of the United States.
NOTE: THESE ARE PART TIME POSITIONS. WHILE THE HOURS OF WORK ARE IRREGULAR AND NO MINIMUM NUMBER OF HOURS ARE GUARANTEED, EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR AN AVERAGE OF TWENTY HOURS PER WEEK. WORK IS TYPICALLY AVAILABLE ON ALL DAYS OF THE YEAR INCLUDING EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
- Report for duty at appropriate box office in uniform.
- Count cash bank and/or tickets received prior to selling and sign ticket seller sheet.
- Sell hard tickets or utilize Keep It Simple (KIS) system or TM system to generate tickets for events to the general public.
- At the close of ticket sales, reconcile ticket sales to cash and re-sign ticket seller sheet when completed.
- Operate a calculator, KIS machine or TM machine.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner and answer questions concerning event. Take phone orders and properly fill out order form.
- Utilize credit card machine in processing orders. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience: Performing journey level cashiering work, preferably in a ticket office.
Knowledge of: Standard office procedures, ticket agency terminology; computerized ticketing systems operating methods; ability to balance cash receipts and tickets.
Ability to: Operate a KIS and TM (GA) computer terminal and use related software; operate a calculator, cash register; accurately handle large amounts of cash; accurately balance cash against ticket sales; speak clearly and distinctly; understand pertinent procedures and functions quickly.
This is a part-time position based on public ticketed events and events with bag check needs. A minimum number of weekly hours is not guaranteed.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight
. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
The selection process will consist of an oral interview and written math test.
Candidates must be specific and complete in describing their qualifications for this position. Failure to state all pertinent information may lead to elimination from consideration. Stating "See Resume" is not an acceptable substitute for a completed application.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a reference/background check (to include a conviction record) and pass a post-offer pre-employment drug/alcohol screening. The City of Anaheim utilizes E-Verify and new employees must provide documentation to establish both identity and work authorization.
Communication regarding your application and/or status will be sent to the email address listed on your application. Please check your email regularly throughout the recruitment process.