The SUNY Downstate Medical Center STAR Health Center (SHC) is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Operations Manager to provide effective leadership in the development and implementation of systems that will offer the highest quality and most efficient patient care. The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker and strong communicator who can implement new initiatives and respond to challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee and coordinate all day-to-day patient care activities and operations to ensure optimal patient experience.
- Work with staff across disciplines to ensure smooth patient flow, including room assignment, timely start and end of sessions, completion of all elements of initial/annual visits, and team meetings and interventions as needed for effective patient care.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements such as NYS Department of Health, Joint Commission and the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
- Directly supervise nursing, nutrition and clerical staff, ensuring appropriate staffing assignments, efficiency and responsiveness to patient needs to facilitate patient enrollment and retention in care at SHC and research programs. Manage and evaluate nursing staff in the provision of patient services.
- Oversee the well-functioning of the STAR Health Center, including all physical plant related issues (coordination with housekeeping, maintenance, and trade shops); ensuring efficient management of the SHC front desk, supplies, and equipment.
- Participate in the leadership of the SHC Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program; directly responsible for the identification of QI measures, tracking and development of systems for improvement.
- Develop, maintain, and execute SHC - specific policies and procedures governing all aspects of service delivery, in compliance with institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Address/resolve consumer requests/complaints through discussion, arbitration, conflict resolution and collaboration with UHB Patient Relations.
- Work closely with the SHC Assistant Director, Care Management, Billing Office, and Office of Managed Care to monitor billing activity and maximize reimbursement opportunities. Work collaboratively with DMC Patient Accounts and Registration Departments.
- Oversee management of the SHC electronic health record, coordination with institutional IS, registration and billing departments, and laboratory as needed.
- Work closely with investigators to ensure integration of clinical research into the STAR Health Center; oversee the integration of regulatory requirements and procedures for new and ongoing research projects.
- Facilitate integration of clinical training into SHC service delivery system (i.e. ID fellows, HIV track in categorical medicine and HIV specialty PA Program).
- Responsible for strategic planning and program development to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery, including submission of progress reports to funders, participation in budget development and assistance with grant writing, as needed.
- Serve as primary liaison with UHB administration to ensure compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Serve as SHC representative on internal and external committees to promote quality patient care and promotion of SHC services in the community.
- Participate in community-based outreach to encourage screening & care.
- Bachelors' degree in nursing, health care administration, public health or related field. Master's degree in health care administration, public health or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience in ambulatory care. Management experience in an academic medical center preferred.
- Experience with MSM, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming populations, sex workers, HIV and HCV-positive individuals, and/or substance users.
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Experience with EHR and Microsoft Office Applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)