Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a national law firm celebrating 80 years of serving our clients, advancing the law and serving our nation and community, is seeking an attorney for our Insurance Services practice to provide insurance coverage counsel.
- Review insurance policies and draft coverage opinions
- Perform case analysis, litigation planning and budgeting
- Handle all pleadings and motion practice in coverage-related declaratory judgment actions
- Appear in court for conferences and motions
- Prepare witnesses and conduct depositions
- Participate in trials
- 3 - 5 years of substantive experience with insurance coverage analysis and declaratory judgment actions
- Knowledge of New York insurance law and common insurance products (CGL/Excess/Umbrella)
- Substantial experience with depositions, discovery, motion practice, insurer reporting and court appearances required
- Experience with Labor Law and defense of catastrophic injury matters not required but beneficial.
- Trial experience helpful
- Superior oral and writing communication skills required
Applicants should email a resume and a cover letter identifying their experience in the above described areas. Please include " NYICLA" in the "Subject" line.
Search firm submissions will not be accepted.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- insurer reporting and court appearance: 3 years (Required)
- deposition, discovery and motion practice: 3 years (Required)
- insurance coverage analysis and declaratory judgment actions: 3 years (Preferred)