Spangler's is a community market serving the coast and more. We source local organic produce, provide you with the best cuts of meat and fresh fish available and carry everything from artisinal condiments to good old fashioned Coca-Cola in the glass bottle. At Spangler's we truly are forming a community within a community and hope to add to our family!
DEPARTMENT: FRONT END
Job Title: Cashier
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Hourly Range: $13-16
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer customer questions, direct customers to the items that are looking for, document customer requests and listen to customer complaints if General Manager or Assistant Manager are unavailable.
- Accurately processing customer transactions via CRE/Cash Register Express platform, processing cash, credit card, check transactions
- Turning in the cash drawer as determined by the store manager
- Ensuring product is rotated, within date, and properly displayed on shelves
- Organizing stock room
- Filling assigned sections as needed
- Cleaning cases and shelves, mopping and sweeping the sales floor, stock room and dairy coolers
- Operating back room equipment pallet jack
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns during shift and report to the General Manager or Assistant ManagerKeep store in clean, orderly condition during shift. See that spills and hazardous conditions are cleaned up
- If a potential shoplifter is identified, use your CB to advise Store Manager
- Protect the safety of self, co-worker's, and Spangler’s Market patrons at all times
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to supervisor.
- Follow all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of self or others.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- cash handling: 2 years (Preferred)