Performs high-level administrative support for a FedEx Ground (FXG) Legal Managing Director (MD) and other staff members in the FXG Legal department. Maintains the office and/or department daily administrative operations, which includes handling situations of varying complexity that can often not be brought to the immediate attention of the MD.
- Provides support to MD, attorneys and paralegals by preparing, researching, reviewing and routing correspondence, pleadings, reports, presentations and other legal documents. • Assists MD, attorneys and paralegals in planning, organizing, coordinating, tracking and monitoring programs and projects associated with various legal matters from request stage through distribution of final documents. • Coordinates a variety of travel, meetings and other calendar appointments, requiring interaction with both internal and external contacts. • Establishes and maintains department filing and retrieval systems of critical and often confidential files, databases, records and schedules; organizes and maintains legal files and advise of suspense dates. • Anticipates the MD’s needs and prepares required materials for conferences, meetings, calls and various appointments. • Notes commitments made by MD or staff during meetings and arranges for implementation and/or follow up. • Uses initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to appropriate authority or handled in manner so as to minimize effect on attorneys’ schedule or absence. • Reads, understands, and/or interprets guidelines, publications, practices and directives, and takes action and/or refers information to MD and/or staff as appropriate. • Addresses walk-in visitors and answers calls, directs and/or responds appropriately. • Performs clerical functions that require legal knowledge and general business and office procedures including maintaining follow-up files, assembling materials for reports/pleadings or exhibits and composing letters. • Accesses and handles privileged and highly confidential business, legal and personnel matters. • Assists MD with the annual budgeting process, including tasks associated with developing, monitoring and reporting financial and other data. • Ensures the efficient daily administrative operation of the office and department functions, including maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six (6) years administrative experience in a law firm or corporate legal department; Experience supporting management preferred
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • General business skills such as typing; data entry and review; and use of phone, copier, and fax. • Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Knowledge of a legal practice, including without limitation, pleadings, filings of pleadings, discovery and trial preparation. • Ability to comprehend complex information and apply sound judgment based on understanding.
Other Job Description Information
% of Travel for the Position:
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software such as Onit and Workday preferred.
- Experience in MS Office Suite and O365 including Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Word and Excel preferred.
- Employment law or Litigation background preferred.
- Legal secretary or related experience preferred
1000 FedEx Drive
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce