About The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security is the state’s lead office for technology.
EOTSS places our customers and constituents at the heart of everything we do. We provide modern and responsive digital services and productivity tools to more than 40,000 internal customers, including state agencies, business units and employees who provide essential information and services to the citizens of the Commonwealth.
We directly serve our constituents by providing digital services and tools – such as Mass.gov – that enable taxpayers, drivers, businesses, visitors, families and other citizens to do business with the Commonwealth in a way that makes every interaction with government easier, faster, and more secure.
We envision a modern IT organization that places our customers and constituents at the heart of everything we do, with an emphasis on speed, reliability, security, digital services, productivity tools, and customer service.
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools to customers and constituents when and where they need them.
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is seeking to hire a Cloud Utilization Specialist
that will be responsible in assisting the EOTSS engineering and operations teams in the management, configuration, and analysis of the Commonwealth’s centralized cloud environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor and provide support for Cloud financial tracking and reporting
- Work with EOTSS customers to understand the features and costs of Commonwealth cloud services
- Monitor capacity management for the Cloud environment. Conduct analysis to identify and report if cloud services are being used in a cost and operationally efficient manner
- Monitor rates and feature changes for impact analysis on respective work streams
- Provide monthly burn rate analysis and reporting
- Develop forecasting techniques based on requirements and usage
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in performing quantitative analysis, forecasting, and/or financial modeling. Previous experience in managing, configuring and analyzing cloud services is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and report on significant amounts of information. Attention to detail and numerical accuracy is a must for this role.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing data relationships, analytic procedures, and results using MS Visio, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience building impactful visualizations on top of large/complex data sets to effectively communicate trends to executive leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of business and cloud technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Shown ability to work independently and respond rapidly in a fast-changing business environment
- Structured thinker with passion for analyzing results and digging deeper
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including experience to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related field. Master’s degree preferred, but not mandatory with applicable work experience.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have (A) at least three (3) years of full-time or equivalent part-time, professional experience in business administration, business management or finance/accounting, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
Incumbents may be required to have a current and valid motor vehicle driver’s license at a class level specific to assignment.
I. A Bachelor’s degree with a major in business management, finance or a related field may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
II. A Master’s degree or higher with a major in business management, finance or a related field may substituted the required experience.