The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
The Space organization in Littleton, CO has an opportunity for a Quality Engineering Manager leading our Non-Destructive Test team. You will be responsible for managing the strategy and execution of the Non-Destructive Test Team for the entire Quality Organization.
Your overall duties will include:
- Lead the Space Non-Destructive Test (NDT) team, including managing performance, work load, strategies, etc.
- Lead a team spanning multiple sites including Denver, Sunnyvale, Cape Canaveral, Santa Cruz, Stennis
- Lead coordination and collaboration with the Operations and ATLO organizations as well as with the Quality Organization VP and Sr Leaders in Space and at other BAs to ensure alignment of NDT across all BAs, including the establishment of an NDT Training Center of Excellence and alignment of advanced technology solutions for NDT in support of the digital transformation efforts.
- Understand the development and manufacturing process (including inspection, etc.) to coach staff through continuous improvement activities related to Model Based Enterprise
- Ensure alignment with customer requirements and needs (including DCMA)
- Monitor and control the Enterprise Training Budget for the Space-wide NDT Team (TCAM)
- Develop a Space NDT Capital Plan with all facilities/sites to ensure adequate equipment support for the next ten years.
- Lead and monitor Capital Requests as they relate to NDT
- Track metrics and performance of team, including return on investment of implemented technologies and equipment
- Develop clear and powerful charts and presentations and present to staff, peers, sr leadership, and executive leadership
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:• Medical
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
Basic Qualifications:To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- 3 years previous leadership experience managing direct reports or project management, leading teams, etc
- Strong leadership skills including staff performance and growth, communication skills (written and verbal), and resource management skills
- Expertise compiling and presenting oral and written presentations to executive management
- Excellent skills in developing effective relationships with executive leadership, customers, and various functional organizations
- US Citizenship required
- Proven ability to motivate and engage workforce at all levels
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems used by QA or that effect QA systems
- Hands-on experience with one or more NDT technique (e.g. radiographic, ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle, etc.)
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and overcome a variety of barriers (cultural, political, technical, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute to a project plan (including developing ROI)
- Experience with capital requests and projects
- Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM) or experience with managing budgets
- Proven ability to take initiative and succeed in ambiguous environments
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.