The Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Family of Companies is a diverse group of companies established to drive economic growth and financial opportunity to the Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Town. AQ Tribal Companies provide a broad spectrum of capabilities and serve defense, government, and commercial customers in over thirteen different industrial sectors including IT, warehousing and logistics, security, meteorological, health, energy, and engineering. Today, the tribe and its family of companies stand as a beacon with a clear direction of forward progress into the future.
AQ Tribal offers its employees a comprehensive benefit package that includes paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, BCBS health insurance, 401k, Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, Life, Accident and Critical Illness insurance, Dental and Vision insurance.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of contract requirements. This role will provide effective leadership and strong strategic and tactical management to meet business objectives and ensure successful execution of contract requirements on time and within budget. This position analyzes, plans and manages stakeholder expectations and uses problem-solving techniques to remove barriers and resolve conflict.
- Apply common standards, processes, governance and annual budgets that oversee the successful execution of all projects.
- Manage and control the planning, execution and delivery of project deliverables by directing, facilitating and coordinating all activities and resources that are project related to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget and that meet or exceed the stake holders expectations.
- Build and manage strong relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external customers and vendors; analyze stakeholder expectations and maintain the relationships by keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues to manage expectations on requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project objectives and motivate the team to achieve them.
- Define, manage and control project scope including the development of clear scope statements and solid scope change control through project change request creation, submission and resolution; ensure required adjustments to the scope document, schedule, budget and resources are reflected in the appropriate documentation.
- Identify, secure, forecast and manage the resources
- Build strong, high-performing project teams and ensure all project associates communicate, collaborate and deliver individual tasks as well as contribute to the overall successful delivery of the project objectives.
- Create, manage and control the comprehensive project schedule and plans using inputs from project associates to define task effort estimates, overall work effort schedules, task dependencies and project inter-dependencies.
- Organize the work and determine an effective approach to completing the work.
- Work closely with project team to align tasks and milestones and to mitigate risk.
- Manage the daily work of resources on the project to clarify assignments and deliverables and hold all associates accountable for the on-time delivery of their specific activities and tasks.
- Manage project issues to closure while minimizing impact to the critical path and drive creative issue-resolution documented in the issues log.
- Identify and analyze risks, establish contingency plans, identify trigger events and initiate mitigating action; oversee risk management activities, gather stakeholder input and rank top project risks in terms of impact, probability, severity and priority.
- Analyze the actual performance of the project against the baseline plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Track and report transparent, factual and timely progress information to project stakeholders, associates and executive leaders regarding status and variances to plan, cost and schedule and change control to ensure continual awareness and to enable informed decisions.
- Represent project at meetings and with other shareholders and ensure that priorities are communicated, understood and that project status updates are accurate and timely.
- Manage and control the efforts of vendor contractors required for the specific assigned project in partnership with the vendor project manager or vendor account manager.
- Develop and maintain lessons-learned for utilization on future programs for the enterprise.
- Ensure all required project documentation is current and accurate and is stored in the project repository and is appropriately archived upon project closure.
- Participate in regular status meetings with the project teams and report status in a manner that fosters communication and focuses on delivery of value-added results.
- Ensure meeting minutes are documented including attendees, action items, key decisions and open issues.
- Remain current on industry best practices and technology trends.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years relevant work experience.
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in managing custodial services for a large facility including laboratory areas and offices; scheduling workloads and ensuring a quality result is obtained; managing employees, ordering all cleaning supplies, scheduling of stripping/waxing, and carpet cleaning of all floors.
- Relevant experience ensuring the timely delivery of all contract deliverables and the prompt resolution of problems/issues associated with contract performance; providing input to the Government on changes in operational policies and procedures for improved cost-efficiencies; and motivating staff assigned to the contract to perform in the most effective and efficient manner.
AQ TRIBAL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time