Tire Discounters is hiring a local route driver for our Sharonville warehouse!!!
Sign on bonus of $1,000 paid in two increments. $500 paid after the first 3 continuous months of employment. Another $500 paid after 6 months of continuous employment. Payment of bonuses contingent on excellent attendance, conduct and performance.
Drivers are responsible for distributing tires and other supplies to local Tire Discounters store locations.
Loading, unloading, delivery and pick-up of tires, reporting, operations, service, safety and maintenance, and other duties as assigned by management. Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the company and a favorable image of Tire Discounters.
What Our Delivery Drivers Do:Delivery and pick-up:
- Deliver product to and pick up product from specified store locations
- Ensure all products and materials are accounted for prior to loading and delivery
- Follow an organized and efficient loading and unloading system
- Unload merchandise according to Tire Discounters standard operating procedures.
- Verify all items listed for delivery are loaded and delivered
- Communicate safe storage and handling procedures as needed.
- Assist in maintaining efficient operations when not making deliveries or completing trip reports. This includes loading and unloading product.
- Work with store associates to resolve any potential problems and report complaints to your supervisor
- Use extreme caution while driving
- Be aware of pedestrians& vehicles in close proximity to delivery truck o Avoid damage to buildings or property when positioning for unloading
- Avoid spilling the product; clean up spillage that occurs
- Ensure bin doors and covers are closed when delivery is complete
- Observe and report any unusual activity, problems, and complaints to your Supervisor.
- Properly completing pre& post trip vehicle inspections
- Maintain daily driver’s log
- Maintain record of deliveries and any OS&D product.
- Recognize issues with equipment and report them to be fixed
Other Duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Work Experience:
- Must be able to work well with little supervision
- Must come to work with a positive“can do” attitude
- A history (and ability to maintain) a good attendance record, essential to maintaining employment
- Ability to operate an RF scanner• Must have basic computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. CDL preferred.
- H.S. diploma for higher
- Must maintain a valid DOT Medical Card
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs over head
- Repeated climbing, bending, throwing, lifting, pulling, pushing. Standing for long periods of time.
- Our drivers make deliveries in the elements (rain, snow, heat, etc.)
Tire Discounters, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, is a Midwest based family owned and operated company. Started in 1976, the company has grown to over 125 stores and still growing. Tire Discounters stores are in many major cities throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. Our company was rated the 7th largest independent tire retailer in the United States, voted as #1 Tire Store in Cincinnati for 11 years running, and the #1 Auto Repair Retailer in Cincinnati for the past 4 years.
Qualified candidates may also call our Career Hotline at (513) 618-7880 for more information about this position or other career opportunities with Tire Discounters. This position is for our Sharonville Warehouse location.