ASR International Corp. is a Federal and Government contracting company based in New York, USA.
We have an opportunity for a Construction Engineering Technician position at Naval Station, Mayport, FL. If you are interested in the position please give me a call back at your earliest convenience.
Please see the job description below. If you have any questions, please contact me at (631) 231 1086 ext 248 or (631) 374-7417. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Title: Construction Engineering Technician
Agency Name: NAVFAC SE
Place of Performance: Naval Station, Mayport, FL
Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
A list of brief responsibilities is outlined below:
- Maintain proper construction contract document files according to NAVFAC standards.
- Review and comment on plans and specifications and provide constructability review comments. Make visits to project sites to obtain information on facility/site conditions and develop recommendations during project development.
- Schedule, conduct, and document regular progress meetings and other construction related project meetings with all interested parties to review project status, discuss problems, and resolve issues.
- Prepare project status reports when directed using NAVFAC enterprise contract management system formatting
- Coordinate construction operations between contractors, station personnel, and other government agencies. Provide technical assistance in answering requests for information (RFI) from construction contractors.
- Review and monitor project schedules for construction progress. Administer the Construction Quality Management Program. Monitor the construction contractor’s performance of required material testing and analysis.
- Review construction contractor’s daily reports for thoroughness and accuracy and check. Review and recommend approval of progress schedules and technical submittals.
- Monitor ongoing construction to check construction contractor progress and verify compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare cost estimates for construction contract modifications and perform cost and price technical evaluation on change order proposals.
- Review construction contractor invoices for accuracy and provide input to the invoice reviewing official. Review and recommend approval/disapproval of the construction contractor’s safety/accident prevention plans.
- Monitor construction contractor’s updates to as-built drawings and verify that they are maintained regularly in accordance with contract requirements. Verify that a complete set of Operation and Maintenance Support Information (OMSI) Manuals is turned in to the PWD Facility Manager(s).
- Monitor the closeout process including punch list preparation and completion, testing and start-up of major Systems, and final acceptance. Make recommendations for corrections.
- Manage the NAVFAC Red Zone process for completing jobs, beginning at 75% construction complete or 90 days
- Participate in final acceptance and testing of major building systems including but not limited to fire protection Certification, elevator certifications, ensuring contractor compliance in the areas of Testing and Balancing (TABs), Duct Air Leakage Testing (DALTS), Digital Control Systems (DDC) for HVAC systems
- Utilize NAVFAC’s Electronic Construction and Facility Support Contract Management System (eCMS) to manage electronic submittals and documents. Reference Uniform Facilities guide Specification (UFGS) Section
- Monitor compliance and perform daily inspection of construction contractor’s safety and health requirements.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Position:
- Technical and practical knowledge and experience (at least 3 years) as an engineering technician, superintendent, or quality control/quality assurance manager or representative.
- Current certification of successful completion of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)/Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Construction Quality Management for Contractors course. A record of completion for the Course is required within 60 days of performance start.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three-phases of control Quality Management process.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of construction concepts, principles and practices applicable to civil, mechanical, electrical, and/or environmental projects and the design, layout, and supervision of construction operations.
- Demonstrated ability to review and interpret technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes to the contract documents. Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods and construction management skills as demonstrated through relevant construction and/or construction management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor construction projects to a successful and timely completion. Demonstrated knowledge of Primavera scheduling software and/or other construction scheduling software packages.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to engineering performance requirements and as outlined in the EM-385-1-1 and 29 CFR.
- Ability to perform strenuous activity while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold, working in confined spaces, climbing and using fall protection equipment. This job requires the candidate to wear steel toed safety shoes meeting ASTM Standard F2413.
- At a minimum, a record of completion for the OSHA 30-hour Construction Training Course is required.
- A record of completion for the EM 385-1-1 Construction Safety Course (NAVFAC or USACE) is required within 45 days of performance start.
Established in 1986, ASR International Corporation (ASR), is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, provides worldwide Technical Support Services in the fields of Supply Chain Quality Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Project Management, and Administrative Support to commercial customers and Government agencies. ASR’s Corporate Office is located in Hauppauge, Long Island, New York.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 10 years (Required)