The Berhe Group, Inc. is currently pursuing Senior Child Care Workers to join our residential team and help us fulfill our mission to help children and families create a better future. As a Senior Child Care Worker, you will have the opportunity to work with foster youth, ages 7-Non-minor Dependency. The Senior Child Care Worker is responsible for the direct supervision of youth while in our care. You will assist youth who have suffered trauma in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and tools to break the cycle of abuse and experience success in achieving their goals with the hope of a brighter future.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate diversity and hire accordingly. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR BOTH EVENING AND OVERNIGHT SHIFTS. THE WORK SCHEDULES AVAILABLE REQUIRE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY.
SENIOR CHILDCARE WORKER
Salary and Benefits: Hours:
Responsible for the supervision of all residents. Provide supervision of all part-time childcare workers and on-coming staff.
Job Duties: 1) Supervision, protection, and care of children individually and
in groups at all times.
- Assistance to each child working with a group and in handling individual problems.
- Administration of discipline and setting of limits for behavior.
- Notation · of the child's progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communication of such findings to professional staff.
- Attend Child and Family Team Meetings (CFTM) as appropriate.
In addition, assist in the supervision of all residents during a complete shift. Oversee all required documentation about all facility activities while covering a shift. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the facility and all duties delegated by the facility manager and assuming the facility manager's duties in his or her absence. Such as, acting as a liaison between the administrator and ongoing programs. Supervises staff and daily operations. Access facility operations and programs while Identifying problem areas. Organizes work at the facility and delegates responsibility to staff members. Inventory all resident's belongings when entering or exiting Berhe facilities. Carry out budget as delegated by the facility manager. Attend staff meetings and
outside training programs. Assist in field trip activities, programs, and other duties directed by the facility manager or assistant manager. Distribute medication and notify an assistant manager or facility manager when medication inventory is low.
Physical Requirements: The below listed physical requirements are necessary to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee shall be required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste and/or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Ability to drive company vehicles. Ability to occasionally perform moderate amounts· of running and jumping.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment can be more than moderate.
Must have one of the following qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Have completed 12-semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor, or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year.
- Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB Test, physical exam, and drug test
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, a minimum of 5 years of driving experience, and a DMV record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must be 21 years or older
- This is a swing shift position (2 pm-10 pm), five (5) days weekly with two (2) off days. Overtime is offered based on organizational needs.
- This is a Noc shift position (9 pm-7 am), five (4) days weekly with two (3) off days. Overtime is offered based on organizational needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Mask may be required.
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person