Pawtucket Credit Union (PCU) has the following employment opportunity:
Title: AVP Community Outreach
Job Category: Full-Time
Description: Serve as the primary representative for Pawtucket Credit Union within the community.
1. As the primary representative for the Credit Union within the community, attend events, functions and meetings. Develop additional opportunities to further PCU's image and visibility in the marketplace. Cultivate relationships with organizations through active involvement and Credit Union support. Serve on boards and committees for various community organizations.
2. Maintain the calendar of Credit Union sponsored community events and programs. Coordinate employee attendance at events as needed.
3. Administer PCU's sponsorship and charitable giving programs as determined by the annual budget and charitable giving guidelines, field requests and make funding recommendations. Prepare annual budget and maintain full accounting of expenditures throughout the year. Maintain database and prepare reports as required.
4. Serve as the liaison between PCU and the Credit Union Association trade organization via the Social Responsibility Committee.
5. Coordinate and oversee the Annual PCU Scholarship Program.
6. Manage PCU volunteer efforts through the PCUnited corps. Plan and organize opportunities for engagement by employees within the community whether by direct request from community organizations or by PCU outreach.
7. Collaborate with departments to facilitate the effective delivery of PCU's Financial Literacy Program within local schools, culminating in PCU's annual Real World Day exercise. Assist with adult educational programming delivered to various community organizations as needed.
8. Maintain as awareness of PCU products and services, seek opportunities for business development and inform other departments (commercial lending, business banking, mortgage lending, consumer and retail banking) of potential opportunities.
9. Perform other assigned duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; use left and right hands for fine manipulation to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; be able to read and write; have numerical comprehension. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; lift and carry weighted objects of up to 10 pounds; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/EQUIPMENT: This position requires that the individual be able to abide by the behavioral expectations (code of conduct) as delineated in the employee handbook. Examples of these behavioral expectations include but are not limited to: safety, drug and alcohol, sexual harassment, absenteeism, sick leave policies, etc. This position requires that the individual be able to comport him/herself in an appropriate manner maintaining courteous and effective interactions and communications with other employees and/or customers. The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: General office/Banking environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The equipment used is general office bank equipment and PC.
Undergraduate degree in business administration or closely related field required.
At least five years demonstrated successful related work experience required.
Must be highly motivated and be able to work independently, Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
Must have the ability to think strategically and reach effective business decisions.
Must possess PC skills in MS Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Must assist PCU employees in a helpful and patient manner and to work as a team player.