- Image Processing
- Software Development
- Software Testing
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
Motionloft, a Mark Cuban company, uses computer-vision based sensors to provide real-time data on vehicle and pedestrian activity. Our growing, nationwide sensor network provides business insights through a variety of web and offline tools to Fortune 500 companies in the retail, real estate industries and municipalities. Motionloft serves all of North America. We're a fast moving company tackling the emerging industry of real-world analytics. You can learn more about our product and features at www.motionloft.com
- This is a full time engineering position with the primary areas of expertise being low-level software, firmware, and hardware development.
- Systems engineers at Motionloft are responsible for developing, testing, improving, and maintaining the platforms which support our computer vision applications.
- This includes the development of software, firmware, hardware and test procedures.
- The systems engineers will take platform components through the entire development lifecycle: concept, requirements, implementation, test, V&V, deployment, and field support.
- The systems engineer must be versatile with an understanding of both hardware and software and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in the lab, factory, and field.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop firmware and low-level software on various platforms including Linux, FreeRTOS, and bare metal.
- Conduct all phases of software testing (unit level, verification, validation)
- Contribute to hardware design (component & chip level)
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Troubleshoot field issues to resolution
- Write factory test procedures
- Develop automated tests for production
- Design and setup factory test stations
- A degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or related major
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- Professional experience in circuit design and circuit analysis
- Strong programming skills especially in C/C++, Python and Bash
- Working knowledge of programming methodologies, object oriented programming, etc.
- Understanding of Linux system - able to navigate and work in Linux
- Strong Understanding of electronic theory (Ohm’s Law, resistors, transistors, etc…)
- Able to read and interpret a schematic to component level.
- Able to use basic bench equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, power supply, etc)
- Detail-oriented with strong data analytic, written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of RF systems & theory
- Experience with RF bench equipment (such as spectrum analyzer and network analyzer)
- Experience with Altium Designer (for schematics and layouts)
- Understanding of computer vision and neural networks
You will have the option of working out of our San Francisco, CA HQ, or Sacramento/Folsom area.
Motionloft offers a small team environment in a fast growing company, located in San Francisco. Your contributions will be recognized and rewarded. Employee benefits include a competitive base salary with an opportunity to participate in leading edge technology with dedicated people.
- Complete healthcare (PPO or Kaiser): medical, dental, and vision for full-time employees and their spouses, domestic partners or dependents. Employees are only responsible for their deductible, there are no paycheck deductions.
- Life Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefit, Health Spending Account.
- Unlimited healthy snacks, coffee, and tea, frequent team lunches.
Motionloft is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Motionloft participates in E-Verify employment verification program.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time