WESTGATE HILLS REHABIITATION AND HEALTHCARE CENTER - BALTIMORE, MD
GERATRIC NURSE ASSISTANTS (FT/PT/Per Diem)
Westgate Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Centeris seeking experienced Geriatric Nurse Assistants (GNA) responsible for providing each of assigned residents with quality daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by supervisors. The GNA will also provide each resident, family and visitor with the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure that the resident’s room is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.).
- Greet residents and escort them to their room. Introduce resident to his/her roommate, if any, and other residents and personnel as appropriate.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Assist residents with daily functioning, hygiene and care, including, but not limited to: dental care, bathing functions, dressing/undressing, hair care, nail care, shaving, ear and eye care, bowel and bladder function.
- Provide food and meal service, including: serving food trays, assisting with feeding (i.e., cutting foods, feeding, assist in dining room supervision, etc.), identifying food arrangements, , recording residents’ food/fluid intake, keeping residents’ water pitchers &/or cup clean and filled with fresh water (on each shift), and within easy reach of the resident.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activities and social programs, etc.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist in preparing the resident for a physical examination. Weigh and measure residents as instructed. Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations (TPRs), as instructed.
- Provide daily indwelling catheter care.
- Provide daily perineal care.
- Must be a licensed Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) in accordance with state laws.
- Minimum 10th grade education level.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served. Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the Center.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- MD (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided: