As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
The Indeed Interoperability team enables employers to seamlessly connect Indeed’s products to the other tools in their hiring workflow. We aim to remove the friction within our employer’s hiring stack, such as their Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), so employers can spend less time manually keeping systems in sync and more time hiring.
As a Principal Engineer on the Interoperability team, you will be a crucial partner in product discovery and design. You will be responsible for the architecture and software delivery. You will work closely with your manager to mentor staff and senior engineers and shape the team's culture.
- Define, design, and build an integration platform that enables bi-directional, event-driven, configuration-based data exchange with a large number of heterogeneous ATSs
- Assume a pivotal role on the team, possessing comprehensive knowledge of our own products and the interactions between our products and other teams’ products and services
- Architect new solutions and validate new ideas by either building on top of existing solutions or by prototyping new products
- Participate in code and design reviews across multiple teams to meet or exceed high-quality standards
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders in a cross-functional team
- Be the role model for junior engineers, mentor and grow other engineers across levels and teams
We are looking for someone who wants to see the impact of their work making a difference every day, understands how to use data to make decisions, and seeks improvement to solve challenging problems. Moreover, someone who has solved difficult technical solutions at scale and can coach others to do the same.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in large-scale software development with a proven tracked record in technology leadership roles
- Experience building integrations with major ATSs, specifically Workday, iCIMS, SAP SuccessFactors, and Oracle
- Experience building APIs for 3rd party developers to create new integrations
- A deep understanding of the differences in the integration patterns with major ATSs on the market to avoid common pitfalls
- Proven knowledge of Domain Driven Design and API-first methodology
- Proven knowledge of building high-performing event-driven systems using SQL or NoSQL databases
Salary Range Transparency
Seattle Metro Area - $217,000 - 315,000 USD per year
Remote US - $167,000 - 243,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 2023-43503
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $217,000.00 - $315,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Performance bonus
- Quarterly bonus
- Signing bonus
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- How did you hear about this role?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- Do you have experience building system integration with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)?
Work Location: Remote