Full Job Description
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Research Data Coordinator position is to provide administrative, laboratory and patient care services for the coordination and collection of data of research studies support to the Research Histology Core Laboratory Facility within the Department of Translational Molecular Pathology and the Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
1. Develops and maintains processes for controlling material flow for the Research Histology Core (RHC), including records of clinical research studies and laboratory, pathology, and patient information. Enters data into case report forms. Assist in the preparation of information for project progress reports.
2. Interacts professionally with requesters, research nurses, principal investigators, and other departments in clinical trial, tissue qualification lab (TQL), and archival studies. Serves as liaison between laboratory personnel, clinical and research investigators, collaborating institutions and coordinates the data. Procures pathology material and maintains data according to mandatory standards and protocol compliance. Processes, organizes, and schedules samples for distribution to other internal laboratories.
3. Coordinates the activities of the RHC research projects to include retrieving and distributing patient/specimen samples submitted to the RHC from clinical and research entities across the institution and medical center area. Participates and contributes to the institutional and external compliance efforts necessary for the clinical trials and laboratory processes.
4. Utilizes the iLabs and Power Path system for tracking, processing, and monitoring the expected turnaround times and providing quality customer services to principal investigators and other requesters. Orients laboratory and support staff in the use of the iLabs system.
5. Maintains general laboratory inventory supplies.
High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred degree: Bachelor's degree Two years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 135770
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800
Science Jobs: No