As a General Manager for Commercial and Consumer SSD at PNY Technologies, you will create consumer and client SSD strategy and support plans, drive launch and promotion, manage and track sales results, and provide ongoing support to Sales and Regional sales and marketing teams throughout the products lifecycle. The candidate will participate in pricing, procurement discussion and will own Go to Market strategy along with product positioning.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or technical field, Master Degree preferred, MBA and prior SSD experience required.
- 10+ Years' experience in product marketing and sales strategy, in both Commercial and Consumer markets for SSD products.
- Minimum of 10+ Years' experience in Solid State Drives based storage technologies required.
- Has experience running a $50 mm SSD business at a Senior Executive level.
- In-depth understanding of memory products, technology, and market, including key market players including other vendors, customers, and technology developers and enablers.
- Self-motivation, initiative and an ability to work as a team or independently.
- Excellent analytical ability for competitive, pricing and market analysis.
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to travel in the US and Europe on as required basis.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, as well as work effectively on teams.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
All PNY Staff
Customers and Channel partners
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement strategic engagement initiatives to achieve significant increases in SSD brand awareness and effective product positioning in Consumer and Commercial markets.
- Responsible for the P&L in the SSD channel. Responsible for developing, implementing and accomplishing annual business plan.
- Responsible for increasing market share by developing a strategic road map for sales and marketing which will support and result continued in sales growth and market share.
- Develop relationship with Channel partners in E-tail Retail and Distribution network to effectively market SSD.
- Responsible for setting and implementing the strategic direction for the division, which includes understanding the competitive landscape, customer requests including features and timelines, the ecosystem availability of sub-components needed to build leading edge SSDs.
- Work cross-functionally with Strategic Marketing, Regional Marketing & Product planning to develop messages aligning product strategy, roadmap & GTM plans for NPI product introduction.
- Define and differentiate features to promote products throughout their life cycle.
- Recommend and implement pricing strategy, conduct market analysis and monitor competitive pricing and position.
- Create product collateral and other marketing presentation material to help drive unit and revenue forecasts.
- Monitor revenue, cost and sell-through to achieve life cycle volumes and margins, as well as direct transition /EOL actions using PCN/ECN/DCL drafts.
- Extended Scope: OEM engagements in Client and Enterprise Space with additional responsibility to manage a team of marketing professionals.
- Responsible for directing all aspects of SSD marketing, to include Enterprise, Client and Consumer. Work with Consumer and Commercial business segments to develop overall strategy to capture increasing revenue quarter over quarter.
- Achieve a high level of visibility through print and social media and/or participate in industry events to represent PNY.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industry: 10 years (Preferred)
- general management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Flash Memory: 10 years (Preferred)
- Parsippany, NJ (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused