Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
To advance professional practice at the point of service by providing education, consultation, evaluation, and support for the clinical staff. To assist the manager in unit operations, interdisciplinary relationships and quality improvement activities.
1. Demonstrates leadership skills in a knowledgeable consistent and continuous manner.
2. Identifies the educational needs of the staff, in collaboration with centralized nursing education leadership, develops and initiates teaching strategies which reflect these identified needs.
3. Maintains own professional skills and knowledge necessary to assist clinical staff with ongoing & new trends in professional practice.
4. Supports clinical needs in an educational capacity. Understands & utilizes the principles of adult learning.
5. Promotes, monitors, and evaluates professional practice & patient care standards for the assigned units.
6. Participates in the quality improvement/performance improvement process.
7. Provides consultative guidance to staff directed unit based councils and facilitates communication with other central committees.
8. Promotes a team work philosophy in all aspects of the work environment.
9. Assists manager in unit operations, and in a collaborative relationship, assists with staff evaluations & counseling.
10. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide culturally & spiritually sensitive, & age appropriate care to all people served.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Eve/Night 8 & 12
40 hours per week including 8 hour and/or 10 hour shifts on an evening/night schedule including minimum one weekend shift per month. This position is located in Maternity/ Labor & Delivery.
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.