We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Manager to join our scientific team.
East River BioSolutions is an early-stage biotech start-up company located in the Alexandria Center for Life Science in lower Manhattan.
East River Bio is leveraging its proprietary TissueSpec™ matrix platform to commercialize novel extracellular matrix biomaterials as research tools for use in biomedical research, pharmaceutical drug development, and regenerative medicine. TissueSpec™ biomaterials offer scientists a natural, physiological cell culture platform that enables breakthrough biomedical discoveries more quickly and less expensively.
As an integral part of the East River Bio team, this position offers the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team of bioengineers and biological scientists focused on commercializing cutting-edge biomedical research tools with the potential to significantly improve research capabilities and, ultimately, human health.
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures to support laboratory safety, efficiency and quality control
- Assist with product manufacturing and experimental development of new products
- Assist with cell culture, basic molecular biology assays, quality control, and any additional research and production tasks
- Monitor the financial and accounting activities of the laboratory
- Participate in new assay development and experimental set-up
- Ensures laboratory is in compliance with the New York local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Ensure the safe, timely and appropriate storage and shipping of biological specimens
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition. Coordinate preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, reagents products and any additional maintenance tasks
- Receive supplies/equipment/reagents and confirms accuracy of delivery
- Negotiate prices with external vendors for the purchase of equipment and/or reagents and places orders as authorized
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 1 – 2 years of laboratory management experience
- Highly motivated, extremely hard-working, positive attitude
- Previous experience with cell culture techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to setting priorities, planning timelines, and executing on deliverables
- Master’s Degree
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience in a tissue engineering laboratory
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience with human pluripotent stem cells
Job type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
Salary: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year