Posting Details (Default Section)
Executive Assistant to the President
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Executive Assistant to the President supports managing the overall operations of the President’s Office and performs the necessary responsibilities to ensure a professional atmosphere. This position works with the Senior Executive Assistant to the President to provide confidential, executive-level administrative support to the President and President’s staff.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Receive, screen, and prioritize President’s visitors and calls
- Receive, review, and distribute incoming correspondence/office mail as needed
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President’s Office
- Compose correspondence on behalf of the President
- Process orders, payments, travel authorizations, and expense reports
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes and summary notes as directed by President
- Plan logistics for special events, conferences, and meetings
- Support department and committee meetings as requested
- Maintain President and Board of Trustees Intranet websites, updating as necessary
- Inform President and Senior Executive Assistant of significant items requiring attention
- Formally accept legal papers on behalf of the President
- Prepare agendas and meeting materials for weekly staff meetings; attend meetings and take and distribute summary notes
- Assist the college administrators reporting to the President as necessary, with a consistent and primary focus on Title IX and Accreditation
- Maintain the confidential atmosphere and professional appearance of the President’s office
- Bachelor’s degree and three years administrative experience in an executive level setting, or Associate degree and five years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability and commitment to project a professional and positive image, maintain confidentiality, think critically and exercise mature judgment
- Advanced writing and proofreading skills sufficient to prepare a wide variety of documents with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Adobe with willingness and ability to learn new applications and software
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with members of various cultures, racial heritages, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, genders, abilities, classes, and religions
- Ability to use tact, discretion and courtesy with all persons who have contact with the college
Current State of Washington Notary Public Commission
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer quarter schedule is typically Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Some evenings and weekend meetings are required.
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community College’s mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring an Executive Assistant that exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary $68,000 to $70,000 plus benefits