The Women’s Success Center is seeking a Coordinator to organize, coordinate, and implement Women of UVU student chapter and Women Lead cohort focused on increasing female student recruitment, retention, and graduation.
- Maintain successful programs with the assistance of student leaders. Recruit, train and manage student leadership teams. Act as liaison with partner programs. (50%)
- Provide on-going mentorship through daily interaction with students. Provides Success Coaching to identified students. Receives confidential and occasionally difficult personal information and makes appropriate referrals. (20%)
- Assist in program assessment by tracking relevant data, compiling information, and preparing reports. Supervise part-time employee, provide professional development and growth opportunities. (10%)
- Serve as a Women’s Success Center ambassador at campus and community meetings, activities, and events. (10%)
- Oversee program budget. Manage occasional student travel. Perform other duties as assigned. (10%)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, plus two years’ experience related to the job description.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of planning, developing, and coordinating student activities and programs.
Knowledge of methods and practices of effective leadership techniques.
Knowledge of preparing and managing budgets and record-keeping.
Skills in supervising student leaders and part-time employees.
Skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Skills in communicating professionally, both verbally and in writing.
Skills in managing meetings, group decision-making, and problem solving.
Skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and other basic computer functions (email, internet, etc.)
Skills in building positive and productive interpersonal relationships.
Small and large group presentation.
Ability to use multiple software and technology platforms to communicate and work effectively
Ability to navigate a university campus and work collaboratively with multiple departments.
Ability to work with donors and stakeholders to build affinity with the department mission.
Ability to work independently and with diverse groups of people.
Ability to understand institutional policies and procedures and make appropriate application.
Moderate physical activity.
May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range $35,305 - $47,132