Under the direction of the Software Manager, the DevOps Engineer is someone who will work collaboratively with software engineering on a common goal of creating high quality, stable software in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include managing build server hardware and software running on a hypervisor. This position will assist with build processes on several different projects requiring different toolsets. Also, the DevOps Engineer will act as a liaison between Design Quality Assurance (automation testing) and Research & Development (R&D) to form a streamlined design cycle.
Responsibilities:Primary Job Functions:
Marginal Job Functions:
- Build server development including adding new projects and writing scripts.
- Build server maintenance including applying security patches, updating plugins and keeping up with best practices.
- Perform hypervisor maintenance.
- Software design and development.
- Write documentation for build server architecture and build processes.
- Project time estimation.
- Generate unit, instrumentation and automated test reports.
- Deploy controlled builds for distribution.
- Configuring/programming Raspberry Pi’s and Arduino’s for auto-testing fitness consoles.
- Other projects as needed.
- Strong software engineering and general problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing technology.
- Proven track record of on time completion of tasks.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Ability to work with overseas development groups.
- Ability to follow existing coding conventions.
- Ability to identify and teach design patterns.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
- Unwavering attention to detail and commitment to world-class quality
- Ability to embrace deadlines
- Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other Science / Technical Engineering preferred or an associates degree with relevant work experience required.
- 2 years of build server maintenance/development (Jenkins and Git experience preferred)
- 4 years of object-oriented programming in a language such as C++, C# or Java.
- 2 Years working in Linux environment (Bash scripting)
- 2 years with built-in and integration unit testing.
- 2 years writing or editing technical documentation.
- Time needed to achieve this level can vary and be dependent on other factors.
- Occasional business trips to Taiwan and China will be required.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs