As an employee under The Austin Group's contract with the US Department of Justice, you will:
Provide all services required to perform the tasks related to the support of the United States Attorney’s Office (USAO) Criminal Division by providing a variety of direct assistance to USAO AUSAs, legal assistants, administrative staff, and other USAO personnel.
- Review and analyze financial records obtained during investigations to determine the source and flow of funds, the nature and volume of transactions conducted and the interplay among related accounts.
- Perform research and analysis related to financial fraud cases, including the evolving techniques employed by individuals and organizations to move money illicitly through the financial system.
- Assist attorneys and investigators in developing long-term criminal investigations and supporting active cases.
- Trace proceeds, identifiy assets and funds.
- Research, extract, and correlate large amounts of financial data from various sources resulting in reports and data visualizations.
- Prepare exhibits, graphs, charts, and summaries to assist prosecutors in judicial court proceedings.
- Minimum of 10 years law enforcement experience planning, conducting, and participating in complex investigations with a minimum of five years in complex financial investigations.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Investigations: 5 years (Required)
- Legal Research: 10 years (Preferred)