The Autism Society of Indiana Director of Events & Public Policy
The Autism Society of Indiana (ASI) is a growing not-profit organization that wants to ensure that every individual and family affected by autism in Indiana gets the high-quality services they deserve. We are serving families in all 92 counties of Indiana. The Director of Events and Public Policy will serve as a part of the organization’s advancement team and will be responsible for coordinating the logistics for all ASI events, raising awareness for the organization through strategic communication efforts and direct ASI public policy initiatives.
1. Coordinate logistics for Autism Society events. This would include:
· Autism Ability Fest
· Area Relay4Autism Events (Northwest, Northeast)
· Sporting/Entertaining Events
· Regional Visionary
· Third Party Fundraiser
2. Strategically Plan & Implement the organizations communication efforts. This would include:
· Oversee organization’s social media communication efforts.
· Produce a monthly e-newsletter.
· Oversee organizations website ensuring that it stays up to date.
· Assist on the design and launch of an app for the organization.
3. Direct the organization’s state-wide advocacy efforts, representing the rights and interests of individuals affected by autism and their families. This would include:
· Staying informed and educated on current/relevant issues facing individual with autism.
· Work with organizations contract lobbying firm to maintain a legislative presence and to understand how said legislation in Indiana might affect Individuals with autism.
· Establish and foster relationships with legislators and key stakeholders. Involving other key leaders from ASI as needed.
· Be the voice for the autism community in Indiana.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred in relevant area of study.
· Strong people skills and the ability to work well on team with both paid staff and volunteers.
· Strong organization and project management skills.
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Experience with Donor Management Software, Adobe Suite, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office applications and/or the ability to learn new relevant applications.
· 1-3 years’ experience in promotion, sales, and/or marketing
· Passion for helping those with, or affected by, Autism
The Autism Society of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identify or expression, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individual with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be a construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This position will require some nights and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year