CACI is currently looking for a Training Developer with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
What you’ll get to do:
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes. Responsible for:
- Develops and instructs computer-based training
- Refresh technical product training course content and labs
- Coordinate testing and evaluation of materials to ensure technical accuracy.
- Perform needs and audience analysis to establish the appropriate delivery methodology and to create a tailored design document.
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Develops and revises training courses and prepares appropriate training catalogs.
- Develops courses and instructional material to educate technical and non-technical personnel in IT
- Prepares instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids)
- Prepares student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms)
- Partner with your coworkers to resolve course development issues.
- Responsible for auditing and delivering technical product training.
- Pull together train-the-trainer activities for updated content to ensure the trainers are prepared to deliver the course material.
- Opportunity to deliver portions of the trainings periodically to internal/customer audiences.
- Provides standards, services, and guidance on IT related training programs that are designed to enable government agency personnel to use information technologies and systems more productively.
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- You will engage with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) who are assisting in the development of a technical product training class. You get the chance to coordinate and facilitate SME resources, and collaborate working sessions to complete content development within schedule timelines.
- Knowledge and expertise in the application of training materials to various delivery modes, including instructor-led training, hands-on lab development, remote training delivery, web-based training, and micro-module training.
- Highly proficient with MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and rapid authoring tools, such as Articulate, Camtasia, etc.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o 3 year check for felony convictions
o 1 year check for illegal drug use
o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
You are good at:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
Bonus would be having:
- Creating training content including templates, graphics, audio/visual materials, activity guides, and other classroom materials
- Updating and maintaining training material to include new products or software
- Collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to help define and create training materials
- Facilitate training sessions onsite, online, or on-demand
- Apply instructional design theory and utilize instructional technology tools to enhance learning and ensure that design and delivery are consistent with identified learning goals/objectives
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of training development tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Technical Certifications, such as CPTM
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing training development instruction and content creation
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: Camtasia, Docebo, Canvas or similar platforms
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.