- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Microsoft Word
Review and reconcile payroll time records in preparation for weekly payroll distribution to 8000+ team members. Calculate payroll adjustments as needed for issuance either manually or thru the next available pay cycle. Ensure appropriate payroll policies are followed according to Department of Labor (DOL) standards. Handle inquiries from store, regional and corporate team members regarding payroll issues.
1. Review store time reports weekly through company time and attendance system(s) to ensure compliance with DOL standards and make adjustments as required. Areas to check include minimum shift hours, short breaks, OT, shift differentials, PTO, and Holidays.
2. Process store advances requested by Store Managers for terminated team members that received their last check from the store POS register or pay card, or other special circumstances. Calculate and provide the manager with the correct net to pay team member by reconciling their hours worked and vacation time owed.
3. Review and validate reports produced as part of the payroll processing cycle to ensure payments to team members are accurate and that all team member payments have been paid for the payroll period and/or monthly incentive payout. Using knowledge of pay schedules, earning/deduction codes and pay program policies review exception reports and determine reason for potential over/under payments.
4. Track and Process wage attachment orders from governing agencies or legal entities in payroll processing platform using the appropriate setup codes and detailed instructions contained in the order. Serve as a liaison with all outside garnishment administrators to resolve questions and discrepancies that may arise.
5. Utilize the pay card portal to reconcile and setup store card inventory, manually load pay cards and request funding of settlement account.
6. Serve as team member for system related implementations and upgrades within the Payroll department, as required. Participate in meetings and idea exchange as well as articulate technical functional and process knowledge to facilitate system design and configuration. Perform testing of functionality of new and upgraded programs and processes.
7. Handle inquiries from team members and managers regarding pay issues and work on resolution in a reasonable and timely manner. Provide feedback to the Payroll Supervisor on any issues that are of special concern or may have ramifications to a larger group of team members. Display a professional and courteous manner while using the utmost discretion when dealing with confidential information. Strive for best in class customer service at all times.
Working Relationships: All team members, Store Managers, Department Managers, Warehouse/Culinary Center, Regional Field Offices, Human Resources and IT.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree
Preferred Education: Business/Accounting Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 years in a Payroll, Bookkeeping or Accounting role
Hands-on experience with report writing applications
Practical experience with data manipulation and analysis
Mid-level proficiency with Microsoft applications (EXCEL, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
Preferred Experience: UltiPro payroll and /or Reflexis time/attendance
Soft Skills: Person must be comfortable dealing with all levels of the organizations and all business units and communicating verbally and/or through email. Person must display a confident and professional manner and be able to articulate ideas within their work group. Must be a self-starter that can handle leadership/management responsibilities when asked. Person could be asked to be part of a group presentation or presenting as a sole contributor. Key work attributes would include; responsive, independent, creative, desire to learn in-depth, conscientious, detail-oriented, problem-solver, dependable, analytical, and comfortable and proficient with PC applications
Driving/Fleet Vehicle Requirement: No
Hours & Conditions: 40 hours Monday through Friday