Marketing is a foreign language to most manufacturers... and manufacturing is a foreign language to most marketers. For the past seven years, the MakingChips podcast, hosted by Jim Carr, Jason Zenger, and Nick Goellner, has provided interviews, information, and inspiration to manufacturing leaders. Today, MakingChips has evolved into a full-service creative agency serving the manufacturing industry, helping them achieve greater success through marketing and sales.
Our creative team is composed of seasoned marketers, skilled analysts, cutting edge media developers, and most importantly, leaders with real-world manufacturing experience and industry knowledge to create campaigns that produce measurable results.
We move quickly and produce enough high-quality content that sometimes we can’t even keep up with ourselves. We are growing and we need more people just like us: passionate craftsmen, content-cultured gurus, intelligent designers, multi-dynamic rockstars, and cutting-edge dynamos.
The Task at Hand:
- Creating emotional, impactful, objective-oriented content for one of the many brands that MakingChips services
- Mastering the ability to turn any branded content into a volume of social gold (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, copy, etc.)
- Working with a wide range and quality of video and static imagery - from a collection of photography to short video clips - and turning them content assets built for individual platforms and audiences
- Collaborating with our creative and strategy teams to create and manipulate video, a plethora of photography, social copy, gifs, short clips, streaming stories, etc.
- Honing your design, editing and blurb writing skills utilizing standard industry software and social platforms
- Wrangling and rolling with your teammates to service rapid turnaround times, capture trending moments, deliver and receive feedback, all while keeping a clear, enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards content creation
Our Senior Marketing Creative Is: The Personification of a Swiss Army Knife
We’re always looking for people with diverse skill sets. Our team is filled with T-Shaped marketers and we’re looking for another one to join our team. If your passion lies in one area but you’re well versed in many others, you’re probably an undiscovered T-Shaped marketer!
You’re a Great Fit If…
- You enforce passion for copy and are eager to learn how to create pieces that drive engagement and extend brand experiences.
- You excel in content creation formats (Adobe creative suite & design templates in canva or google docs, sheets, slides, TikTok, Instagram, FB live, etc.)
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Good interview and copy-editing skills
- Have a strong grasp of AP style and grammar
- You pursue perfection in concepting, designing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas.
- You create engaging creative content on a spectrum of media platforms independently.
- You adhere to direction from creative directors; give and take constructive criticism.
- You understand the difference between a creative idea and a tactical execution and proficient at generating both.
- You perform multi-tasks naturally without compromising on quality and creativity while managing own and teams time to effectively meet the demands of multiple jobs
- You demonstrate knowledge of UI/UIX and interest in the big social media platforms and know its abilities and limitations in the scope of design.
Let’s Talk Qualifications
While we’re more interested in finding the right culture fit, candidates with the following experience will be given the highest priority.
- An extensive portfolio of previous projects including copywriting and design examples
- Familiarity with engineering principles and/or the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of marketing campaign workflows, including understanding the creative and production process for both video and digital materials
- Knowledgeable of the evolving advertising landscape, including exposure to/experience with the digital marketing and media
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel, while working with geographically dispersed teams
- International experience a plus
What We Bring To The Table
On top of working alongside some of the coolest creatives in a newly renovated, modern office with a fully-stocked bar for built-in after-work happy hours, we offer highly competitive benefits.
- Employer covered comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/AD&D insurance for employees
- Retirement planning & company matching
- Eligibility for bonuses biannually and yearly
- Time for personal wellness activities
Our Core Values
Our core values are our guiding principles when taking on new projects, talking to new clients, and hiring our next team member. They’re how we measure our success and define ourselves in our industry.
Manufacturers are passionate about their craft—and we're no different. We may not be making machined parts, but we are designing and building the growth engines that help sell them, and that's what gets us revved up.
We are always telling stories and thinking how can we repurpose those stories; content is our product. We’re well cultured when it comes to content; we know our trade, we’re thought leaders in our space.
Everything we create is created on purpose and for a purpose. We're content producers that produce thoughtful, high-quality programs that drive results.
We made this word up, and that's why we like it. We thrive off our differences and we don't take ourselves too seriously. In an always changing, marketing agency we have to be a team of creative and multi-faceted individuals
If you’re not making chips, you’re not making money, and you have a hard time making chips without a cutting edge. Our content is never a commodity. We believe 'different' is always better than 'better.’
MakingChips is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that MakingChips provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part-time or fixed-term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19