Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Specialist.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Environmental Specialist, you will:
- Plan and execute projects and programs designed to ensure the attainment of the company’s goals relative to Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) local, state, and federal regulatory agency outcomes, both internal and external.
- Provide a focus and be one of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) for our business.
- Lead all site activities related to Environmental regulatory, company standards, and best practice responsibilities.
- Establish and promote the maintenance of safe and healthy work conditions, and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate environmental hazards in compliance with Environmental regulations.
- Implement, promote and observe all environmental and regulatory policies, procedures, rules and regulations established by Company.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement while maintaining the ISO 14001:2015 certification.
- Provide knowledge and expertise to the site population for the development of procedures, guidelines, and tools to maintain site compliance with the existing and new regulatory requirements of the following agencies: Environmental Quality Board (EQB), PR Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (PRASA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Natural and Environmental Resources (DNER), Solid Waste Management Authority (SWA), among others.
- Maintain the company in compliance with the environmental laws and regulations and with the permits issued by the regulatory agencies.
- Serve as back up for the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Section Manager, with Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHS and with government agencies and community.
- Conduct internal assessment of the site’s EHS Management System and develop action plans to address findings and support in the development and completion of identified corrective actions.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences or related fields (i.e. Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences) is required.
- Professional Engineer or Engineering in Training (EIT), Chemist License, Lean certification, ISO 14001 Internal Auditor certification and Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in a manufacturing regulated environment with environmental responsibilities is required.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Consumer industry is required.
- Experience with environmental management systems and knowledge of ISO 14001 is required.
- Knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene principles is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of local & federal environmental regulations is required.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
- Computer-literate in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) systems and RCRA is a plus.
- The position requires up to ten percent (10%) of travel. Ability to work extra hours and to respond to emergency calls that require returning to the company after regular working hours is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)
Health & Safety