The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog. This is an instrumental role in driving day to day development for an Omni-Channel eCommerce program that generates mulit-million dollar business value to the organization by providing our customers with a modern, relevant and personalized digital shopping experience across CVS Health’s digital properties. Responsible for streamlining the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This PO role will support the Omni-Channel eCommerce agile product team(s). This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
User Story Development
- Works with product management and stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and customer pain points that are strategic priorities for CVS Health
- Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered
- Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program
- Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
- Responsible to update product management on Story status to align on delivery expectations
Team Backlog Ownership/Prioritization
- Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the customer satisfaction and multi-million dollar business value
- Sets the runway for early business value and customer impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning
- Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog
Program Increment Planning
- Partner with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
- Identify the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the Program Increment
- Drafts the team’s objectives and defines features for the Program Increment session
- Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents it to program stakeholders.
Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components
- Partner with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points
- Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality
1+ years required experience as Product Owner, Project Manager, IT/Search Marketing, or related field
Previous experience in agile product development helpful. 3-5 years preferred
Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues
Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment.
Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
Broad understanding of core programming and computer science concepts
Experience in healthcare industry preferred (modify as necessary … Retail, Pharmacy, etc.)
Familiarity with agile processes, such as scrum, Kanban, and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Bachelor's Degree required.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.